cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraser Valley, BC service down to H+ today

BrrMcGrr
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just a heads up if others have noticed speed has dropped to H+ from 4G. Please note before people start coming Into here and talking about 3G speeds, I have a grandfather plan from 2016 with full LTE speeds. 

Thank you. 

15 REPLIES 15

@BrrMcGrr wrote:

With all due respect in this aspect the solution is just that. To give it time and confirming that I did not do anything and the service restoring itself is the correct solution. Anyone who looks this up can easily see how long between original post and service returning to "as expected" and anyone could easily ascertain that giving it 24 hours may resolve any local issues unrelated to their specific device. 

Have a good one I'm going to return to not using the forums. Bye. 

I'm sorry that you feel this way, but you had numerous other members try to help and discuss the issue.  Assigning a solution to yourself is not fair to any of the others. Also, solutions play a part in reward calculation, and as such, a member should never assign it to one's self.

BrrMcGrr

With all due respect in this aspect the solution is just that. To give it time and confirming that I did not do anything and the service restoring itself is the correct solution. Anyone who looks this up can easily see how long between original post and service returning to "as expected" and anyone could easily ascertain that giving it 24 hours may resolve any local issues unrelated to their specific device. 

Have a good one I'm going to return to not using the forums. Bye. 

@BrrMcGrr wrote:

4G has returned. Most definitely a network issue this afternoon. Phone was sitting on data since last post. 

🙂Have a great night everyone. 

And yes I ended up getting YouMail professional in 2016 after a suggestion on the forums here and have never looked back at the public mobile included voicemail. First time it did not get auto flagged in spam. Also Lucky enough to have the 2 additional numbers from that grandfather pro plan and only pay 9 bucks for it. 

It's good to hear that your LTE service is working again. Please do not assign solutions to yourself as they are for advising others of possible fixes and to reward others for helping you.

BrrMcGrr

4G has returned. Most definitely a network issue this afternoon. Phone was sitting on data since last post. 

🙂 Have a great night everyone. 

And yes I ended up getting YouMail professional in 2016 after a suggestion on the forums here and have never looked back at the public mobile included voicemail. First time it did not get auto flagged in spam. Also Lucky enough to have the 2 additional numbers from that grandfather pro plan and only pay 9 bucks for it. 

@BrrMcGrr 

I know @Korth keeps an eye on data speeds and signal strength in the valley so maybe you two can compare notes.

It is a little sad that the only voicemail messages I tend to get is my weekly call from the chinese ""Ni hao" lady and the CRA demanding I pay my tax bill in bitcoin to avoid jail time!

BrrMcGrr

Yeah as I suspect it may be the Fraser Valley towers, not Metro Vancouver towers. Anywho thank you for confirming it's not, and I will keep and eye on this and reach out to mods if It continues for a day or two, so that they can flag possible issues. 

At this point as I said, it's more for tracking that it exists. Data does function, using it to post my responses. I just know it was fine until sometime today for myself. And I have only had an incoming call that I did not answer and ended up being the canada revenue agency scam on my voicemail. 

@BrrMcGrr 

4G LTE working just fine in Vancouver.

@BearFBI 

Yes but that's not the case here is it? One does want what they pay for....sure a day or two might not be worth a fuss but monitoring to ensure it isn't more frequent is prudent when asking for redress.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hmm nothing wrong with the H+ network if your on a 3G plan.. It might be better than LTE in terms of speed and better than traditional 3G. 

@BrrMcGrr 

Well I will be popping out in a bit....I will check my phone on the $10 plan and see what it says...in Vancouver.

@BrrMcGrr wrote:

No I was not on a call, I was using Google maps when I noticed it. Phone has been fully powered off and powered on, and I have reset the access point within the phone.  This was more of a let people know post and if it's still like this tomorrow I can then reach out to mod support. 

For future reference and if data works at all for you on either network, you don't need to make any changes to APN settings. The APN settings are the same for both the LTE and HSPA networks.

BrrMcGrr

No I was not on a call, I was using Google maps when I noticed it. Phone has been fully powered off and powered on, and I have reset the access point within the phone.  This was more of a let people know post and if it's still like this tomorrow I can then reach out to mod support. 

@BrrMcGrr wrote:

Just a heads up if others have noticed speed has dropped to H+ from 4G. Please note before people start coming Into here and talking about 3G speeds, I have a grandfather plan from 2016 with full LTE speeds. 

First the obvious:  

Were you in a call when this happened?  As you know, your phone will switch to the "H+" network whenver you're in a phone call.  Also, have you restarted your phone?

@darlicious wrote:

@BrrMcGrr 

Hmmm....any trouble with calls going to voicemail?

There could be other issues with the network that could cause that, but a problem with the LTE network would generally have no effect on Public Mobile voice services unless there's also something else going on at the same time.   In the past, there have been situations in which LTE network problems would cause the phone not to switch properly to the HSPA network for phone calls, but this customer's phone has already switched network types.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BrrMcGrr 

Hmmm....any trouble with calls going to voicemail?

Need Help? Let's chat.