cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those who switched to Koodo

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

For those who have switched to koodo or are planning to and  are considering a Tab for a new phone.  We switched my wife over and if you wait and don't pick a new phone and Tab when you activat your account you can pick a phone after your plan is active and you will get a further $50 bill credit (offer expires March 31) that you wouldn't have seen if you picked a phone during your activation.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

6 REPLIES 6

BigD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In case if you need a Koodo friend to get referal for $25 credit here is a link.

https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/azKnz4s-4MhaqJ

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ShawnC13wrote:

@PhoneSeeker, yes they do but for those that activate online for the $100 referral or other credit this is a way to save an additional $50.  I know Walmart gave a $200 gift card when I was looking online

You get the $100 referral regardless (although that has been reduced to $25 now), so it really comes down to gift cards you get with a phone purchase VS the bonus credit for a device at Koodo. Since Koodo is in a state of flux with deals changing all the time, I would not bet on the deals staying there by the time you get your SIM ordered on-line. You will be a lot better off going to WoW now... on the weekend Walmart would have been a better choice.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ShawnC13, the incentive was upped to $150 for eligible phones.  Apparently the expiry was April 1.  As it were, that may have been an April fools joke.  They yanked the offer today.  A few friends who were sitting on the fence are mad at themselves for not acting sooner.  A true RFDer would buy now and ask questions later.  Call it FOMO, but the fear can turn out to be true.

Anyway, if someone can find a screen cap of the $150 bill credit offer, please post it.  We should be able to take Koodo to task for false advertisement.

PhoneSeeker

@ShawnC13wrote:

@PhoneSeeker, yes they do but for those that activate online for the $100 referral or other credit this is a way to save an additional $50.  I know Walmart gave a $200 gift card when I was looking online

That is true. Smiley Happy

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

PhoneSeeker

@ShawnC13wrote:

For those who have switched to koodo or are planning to and  are considering a Tab for a new phone.  We switched my wife over and if you wait and don't pick a new phone and Tab when you activat your account you can pick a phone after your plan is active and you will get a further $50 bill credit that you wouldn't have seen if you picked a phone during your activation.

Sometimes certain retailers such as WoW Mobile, Walmart, or "The Mobile Shop" offer extra discounts or gift cards for new activations on Koodo when purchasing a phone at the same time. For example, last weekend Walmart was giving out $325 gift cards if you purchased an iPhone 6 on a Koodo tab while porting into Koodo from PM. The iPhone 6 was $0 on Tab Medium. Lots of people then sold the phone on Kijiji for $350.

Need Help? Let's chat.