cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For existing customers: How to switch to the new $40 4Gb/month plan (with pictures)

alexzxn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Official response from Public Mobile:

Future dated rate plan change:

• We have existing customers who have future dated rate plan changes to get the promotional plan and, in some cases, the change is not sticking. We are aware of the issue and we are committed to ensuring the plan change is honored for you if you in fact had chosen a future dated rate plan change. This will also take us some time to catch up on so please bear with us.

Step 1: Log in to your self serve account

login.png

Step 2: Select Change plan option

change-plan.jpg

Step 3: Select the plan as the picture showing below and click "Change on next renewal date"

select.jpg

WALA all done.

As @daredogg mentioned this promo ends on November 20th 2016 please make the switch before then.

Meaning-of-vault-boy-thumbs-up-jpg.jpg

(image from https://twitter.com/fallout)

Attention If you are one of the lucky ones that are having trouble switch over to the new plan.

Please send a private message to one (not all just one) of the community moderators ( @Shazia_K @Mary_M @Saray_O @Caroline_D ) with your phone number and the plan you tried to switch to, they will get you sorted.

Remember patient is a virtue.

188 REPLIES 188

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@alexzxn you forgot to reference where you got that fallout image from ... tisk tisk, going to have to take the whole information post down 😛

Nice job, now you just need everyone to READ before posting CAN I DO THIS ... yes been answered a million times today and even in the main post.. sigh. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Great guide, @alexzxn!!!  Big thumbs up, just like the picture! 

@Jeremy_M any chance of making this a sticky or featured thread?  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Well done @alexzxn

I recommend you guys to take screenshots as a proof in case with the glitch your plan dont change automatically. Unless, staff members can tell we changed during the promo period. @Saray_O

...and take note that promo runs until November 20th

sm2016
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@aip0401 Yup! Just follow the instructions above! Keep in mind that you need to do these steps before the promo is over, or else you will not be eligible 

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@aip0401 yes if you follow the steps posted above and choose change at renewal you will still get the promotion plan

@alexzxn Nice job with the screenshots!

alexzxn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes same process.

aip0401
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm on an existing 90-day plan whose renewal date isn't up until early December.  Can I still take advantage of this promo if I choose to apply this change on my next renewal date or is this something I need to apply on my account now?

Need Help? Let's chat.