cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For existing customers: How to switch to the new $40 4Gb/month plan (with pictures)

alexzxn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Official response from Public Mobile:

Future dated rate plan change:

• We have existing customers who have future dated rate plan changes to get the promotional plan and, in some cases, the change is not sticking. We are aware of the issue and we are committed to ensuring the plan change is honored for you if you in fact had chosen a future dated rate plan change. This will also take us some time to catch up on so please bear with us.

Step 1: Log in to your self serve account

login.png

Step 2: Select Change plan option

change-plan.jpg

Step 3: Select the plan as the picture showing below and click "Change on next renewal date"

select.jpg

WALA all done.

As @daredogg mentioned this promo ends on November 20th 2016 please make the switch before then.

Meaning-of-vault-boy-thumbs-up-jpg.jpg

(image from https://twitter.com/fallout)

Attention If you are one of the lucky ones that are having trouble switch over to the new plan.

Please send a private message to one (not all just one) of the community moderators ( @Shazia_K @Mary_M @Saray_O @Caroline_D ) with your phone number and the plan you tried to switch to, they will get you sorted.

Remember patient is a virtue.

188 REPLIES 188

e1e0n

@kav2001c

I posted my story above, I was told by a rep that's impossible to postdate switch if promo is not available at the actual switching time, so I was _forced_ into switching and loosing almost 2.5 month of prepaid service on one of the accounts.

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Seems like every plan change always has some minor glitch for soem people. Last time when the new 6GB/90 day $120 plan came in a few people had changes that didn't go through on their renewal. I did not have that problem.

This time around when I future dated my plan change, I lost access to My Account and a mod had to delete the change out. It's been added back but let's see if it goes through.

One suggetsion for future plan changes for existing customers; when the change is for the same price plan with equal or better features, shouldn't you just allow immdeiate switching? That'll same everyone a lot of headaches.  Twice  (3GB to 6GB change and now 12GB promo) I've had to do a future plan change. It would've save everyone a lot of work and support if PM just sent a text to say "Hey, we thought you could use more data, you've doubled your data for the same price. Enjoy."

@e1e0n I have a pending plan change but I am VERY worried about it

Cat Sad

e1e0n

@kav2001c I changed 3 accounts to new plan including one legacy (needed to call in)

I am almost afraid to ask but

Have most of the existing members been able to change to this plan?

Or is this coming round 2 of system glitches?

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I can't believe they did that to you, unbelievable. I'm so sorry, I really do expect more from PAID PM staff. @e1e0n

e1e0n

No problem, I can wait 🙂

srlawren

@e1e0n please note that they are extremely backlogged at the moment, so please try to be patient.  I'm hopeful that they can correct this for you, though it may take a few days for them to get to you at this point in time.  😞  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

e1e0n

@srlawren Thank you, I have sent PM to a moderator.

srlawren

@e1e0n you were given incorrect info by the phone rep, which is very very frustrating.  As long as the plan change was secheduled by 11:59PM EST today, it would be honoured even if it was that far out.  I'm sorry you were told to renew early.  You should consider private messaging a moderator with your story to see if they can help credit some of that back to your account.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rage

@zeeden please private message me that number

e1e0n

I set my wifes account to change to a new plan on her renewal date (which was more then 2.5 months in advance as her 90 day plan has just been renewed). Then I called in to change my legacy plan to this new plan (it was not available to change online), and during conversation a prepresentative mentioned that promo plan will not be applicable on post dated change and so my wife's plan will not be changed, I have to switch now :(. I did but she lost 2.5 month of already prepayed plan (I thought it should be fair to apply not used balance as a credit). Then I run into this post and apparently I could have just kept that postdatede change on her account :(. Is there anything can be done, I feel I was misled by the representative. 😞

On a side note, now I have 3 accounts with PM, can I manged them as one account?

Rockdaddy22
Your moms an OG PM member 🙂

srlawren

@zeeden great news, congrats! 🙂

zeeden

@srlawren, thanks! found the 1-800# and just got off the phone with them.  Plan will update upon next autopay renewal.. WOOT WOOT!

srlawren

@zeeden ohhhh I get it now.  Your mother is on a grandfathered plan, so you are not able to change that in the self-serve portal, you will have to call *611 as indicated there.  I believe there is a toll-free 1-855 number you can call too since you don't have her phone handy, but I don't happen to know it.  Please note that once you change her plans, you/she will no longer be able to call PM for any type of assistance--everything will be through the self-serve portal and the community afterward. 

zeeden

Thanks for the quick reply @srlawren

Went to the change plans page and clicked on change plan

change plan.png

Then I get this message:

change plan error.png

srlawren

@zeeden were you signed into your mother's self-serve account?  If you do that and go to the change plans page, you will see that the promo plan is very much still available. Here's a screen shot I took from my own self-serve account just moments ago:

SelfServe_ChangePlan_PromoPlan.png

zeeden

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to switch to the 40 plan for my mom, however its not letting me do it online.

I'm getting this message:

Thinking of changing your rate plan? We thought you should know that you will not be able to move back to your previous plan once a change has been made. If you still want to change to one of our new plans, please call *611. Sorry, rate plan changes are currently not available on-line.

Unfortunately, I don't have her phone with me...

zeeden

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to switch to the 40 plan for my mom, however its not letting me do it online.

I'm getting this message:

Thinking of changing your rate plan? We thought you should know that you will not be able to move back to your previous plan once a change has been made. If you still want to change to one of our new plans, please call *611. Sorry, rate plan changes are currently not available on-line.

Unfortunately, I don't have her phone with me...

srlawren

@imrwonder2 my pleasure.  Cheers!  🙂

imrwonder2

@srlawren Thank you for getting back to me with such a detailed post. I do not mind the length at all. I have not been around the community page much as i have been busy with other things myself and have not really had any issues to seek in the community (Thank you Public Mobile)

I understand that it may be busy for them since this is such a good promotion so i will take your advice and wait a few week and PM a mod to have a plan change if possible. If not i guess i can wait till Feb, time flies anyways. Thank you for your help

srlawren

@imrwonder2

You got the short version of this reply earlier as I was on the SkyTrain (vancouver-area LRT train system) and had limited time and my fingers were getting cramped from trying to post as much as I could on my journey.  Here's the longer version, since you've asked 🙂

You COULD have it right now if you want.  There are two ways you could do this:

You could go back to the self-serve system where you scheduled the future plan change a short while ago, cancel the scheduled change, and do it agian but click the button on the left this time.  That would put you on the promo plan right away.  The downside is that you would lose ALL of what you paid just a few days ago for your current cycle, be billed the $120+tax immediately, and start a brand new cycle on the new plan.  I'm guessing this is very likely not what you want.  This is the only official way to do it.

Now, in "normal times" (prior to October 25th when all the madness started around here from the promo), if you had wanted a plan change right away, I would have suggested that you private message one of the community moderators and ask them to do the switch for you.  They have been known to make this type of exception before when asked, and probably could for you now too.  The problem is, I don't know if you've been visitng the community much since you discovered the promo plan, but this place has been a zoo.  There are tons of people that are in need of some pretty urgent help (no working service at all, number ports incomplete, and so on.  The moderators are quite backlogged right now, and to be honest, and please I mean no disrespect, helping those folks needs to come first.  I hope you can understand that.  

So to bring this back to the shorter version of the story, I didn't suggest this to you before partly because I had no time to type all that out then, and also because I honestly wouldn't recommend anyone make this type of request right now.  Here's what I'd suggest, and take it for what it's worth, but if you can wait about 2-3 weeks and then send one of the moderators a PM ask nicely, I bet they will be all caught up and happy to help you.  I know this isn't great, but this has been a very hectic and weird month.  I'm hoping you can be patient.

If on the other hand you decide to wait for the currently scheduled change in Feb and something goes wrong, please rest assurred that the moderators will be there to help and will honour the plan change for you. 

Sorry for the long story!  🙂

imrwonder2

@srlawren Ok so i've done. My renewal date is February 2017. I hope that i will still be able to get that plan even though its 3 months away. 

Also the last time i scheduled a plan change i had an issue with the change and it left me without service. I hope that will not happen again either. 

Is there really no way to swap the plan now?

ivanvill
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Shazia_K, sent you a PM also. Hastily selected the 6gb plan instead of the 12 when I signed up two days ago. I was wondering if you could switch this for me?

srlawren
@imrwonder2 you will have to schedule the plan change for your next renewal.

imrwonder2

My plan renewed 4 days ago but i was unaware of this promotion till today. Is there any way to change my plan to this now or do I need to wait till my plan renews in 3 months (February 2017)?

Any help would be appreciated, Thank you

alexzxn

@Shazia_K can you take a look at mine as well?

I sent you a private message 3 days ago I have two lines with PM.

Thanks

bakedcorn

@morphine wrote:
I'm starting to get used to no cell service. No one from work can reach me. It's great.

Dude best response ever.  So good I had to give you a Bravo. 

Well done. 

morphine
Yes it's bitter sweet....
Need Help? Let's chat.