cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For existing customers: How to switch to the new $40 4Gb/month plan (with pictures)

alexzxn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Official response from Public Mobile:

Future dated rate plan change:

• We have existing customers who have future dated rate plan changes to get the promotional plan and, in some cases, the change is not sticking. We are aware of the issue and we are committed to ensuring the plan change is honored for you if you in fact had chosen a future dated rate plan change. This will also take us some time to catch up on so please bear with us.

Step 1: Log in to your self serve account

login.png

Step 2: Select Change plan option

change-plan.jpg

Step 3: Select the plan as the picture showing below and click "Change on next renewal date"

select.jpg

WALA all done.

As @daredogg mentioned this promo ends on November 20th 2016 please make the switch before then.

Meaning-of-vault-boy-thumbs-up-jpg.jpg

(image from https://twitter.com/fallout)

Attention If you are one of the lucky ones that are having trouble switch over to the new plan.

Please send a private message to one (not all just one) of the community moderators ( @Shazia_K @Mary_M @Saray_O @Caroline_D ) with your phone number and the plan you tried to switch to, they will get you sorted.

Remember patient is a virtue.

188 REPLIES 188

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@morphine back to work? oh no!  😉

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

morphine
I think I'm back in service. Thanks!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@morphine

Sorry about that! Smiley Embarassed

Can you reboot your phone please? you should be back in business 😉

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

morphine
I'm starting to get used to no cell service. No one from work can reach me. It's great.

alexzxn

do you still get cell service?

bajigar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my plan didn't switch on renewal, could someone please help.

alexzxn

hopefully @Shazia_K can help us soon..

morphine

Mine is the same.

$120 went in yesterday, via Auto-renew to my VISA, and now nothing is in my account, and no cell service.

alexzxn

@Rockdaddy22

This is what my account look like right now what do you suggest?

acc.jpg

Rockdaddy22
How much did your old plan cost? I assume more than $120, you should only have to top up the difference. This will get your old plan back. You'll still need a mod to help change the plan after.

alexzxn

@Rockdaddy22 what are you saying here?

PM already charged my card $120 with the auto renew for the next 90 days. If I put another $120 right now in my account my cell service will be restored?

Rockdaddy22
I definitely understand and appreciate it.

srlawren
@Rockdaddy22 agreed 100% but be careful in promising things you have no control over is all I'm saying. No offense intended, I'm just always conscious or managing expectations as much as possible. Probably a side-effect of being a consultant (software developer consultant) for a living 😉

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22
I would hope they would reimburse for service not provided, especially when it's not the customers fault.

srlawren
Are you sure you want to make that promise @Rockdaddy22? At least be careful with the "reimbursed" term. Credited toward your next renewal is probably more accurate. I still wouldn't promise or guarantee it to anyone, but the moderators are quite good at making things right in situations like that, so I'd be fairly confident they would.

Rockdaddy22
I promise you'll be reimbursed every penny that your are out. I would just activate the new plan and top up.

morphine

Well, my top up was in my account last night, and now it's mysteriously gone.

$0 showing.

Not sure I want to add more money again before this gets sorted out.

Rockdaddy22
Just top up, no need to lose service. You'll be reimbursed any overpayments. I'd rather top up than be without a phone, just my opinion. @alexzxn @morphine

Rockdaddy22
Just top up, no need to lose service. You'll be reimbursed any overpayments. I'd rather top up than be without a phone, just my opinion. @alexzxn

morphine

So now I am not only still without my personal/work cell phone (approaching 24 hours), but the money charged to my credit card yesterday has now disappeared out of my Public Mobile account.

morphine
Couldn't agree more. It's been 8 hours without cell for me now, and it's my only phone.

alexzxn

Ok so now I understand the frustration.

My plan suppose to "auto renew" yesterday to the new promo plan but it did NOT work and now I have no cell service.

I've messaged a moderator hopefully it won't be down for too long.

Judging by all these complains I believe it’s safe to assume the “change plan on renewal date” function is NOT working properly and you will lose cell service on renewal date.

As a computer programmer I know glitch happens all the time (how did this pass alpha & beta testing and went into production is beyond me), but I wish PM would at least let the end users know this is happening instead of find it out this way.

@boblazaar if you initiated a plan change on renewal date before November 21st (when promo will be done), and it doesn't go through, PM will still honour the 12GB plan. You still have service, so a moderator will make the account adjustment when they're able to.

There is a glitch in the system that doesn't allow the plan to change properly. I sure hope PM will resolve this issue soon because all the plan changes are going to fail, and then it'll be the moderators who will have to make the adjustment. Robot Sad

boblazaar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Was simple, to setup...BUT more imprtantly it didn't work. Set the plan to change on renewal and come renewal da...Still on the 6 gig plan.

3 PM's still not answered. 

So in a nutshell, the switch went very poorly. Leaves me VERY SKEPTICAL that my 2nd line will renew properly (acept the future change) in Jan and then it will be too late. 

Shame, I guess the old saying about something being too good to be true...

@morphine I wish PM would make this info more easily available! I'll do this from now on as well, to avoid losing my service... all over a glitch in system billing.

morphine

Shoot, I wish I had known about this issue.

My plan "autorenewed" today to the Fall Promo and of course it didn't work.

Now no cell service unfortunately.

Messaged a mod, hopefully won't be down and out for too long.

Rockdaddy22
Thank you for taking my advice and avoiding trouble 🙂

ttkian416

@Rockdaddy22 Ok, I just did it. All seems to be working great. Thanks.

Rockdaddy22
You'll see how easy it is when you give it a try.

Rockdaddy22
When you try and change it, it'll ask you for payment/top up unless you already have enough funds in your account to cover it.
Need Help? Let's chat.