cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For existing customers: How to switch to the new $40 4Gb/month plan (with pictures)

alexzxn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Official response from Public Mobile:

Future dated rate plan change:

• We have existing customers who have future dated rate plan changes to get the promotional plan and, in some cases, the change is not sticking. We are aware of the issue and we are committed to ensuring the plan change is honored for you if you in fact had chosen a future dated rate plan change. This will also take us some time to catch up on so please bear with us.

Step 1: Log in to your self serve account

login.png

Step 2: Select Change plan option

change-plan.jpg

Step 3: Select the plan as the picture showing below and click "Change on next renewal date"

select.jpg

WALA all done.

As @daredogg mentioned this promo ends on November 20th 2016 please make the switch before then.

Meaning-of-vault-boy-thumbs-up-jpg.jpg

(image from https://twitter.com/fallout)

Attention If you are one of the lucky ones that are having trouble switch over to the new plan.

Please send a private message to one (not all just one) of the community moderators ( @Shazia_K @Mary_M @Saray_O @Caroline_D ) with your phone number and the plan you tried to switch to, they will get you sorted.

Remember patient is a virtue.

188 REPLIES 188

ttkian416
@Rockdaddy22 to avoid problem at the renewal date, if I want to change the plan one day before renewal, do I have to make payment first, then change the plan? Or, should I just go ahead change it then pay with my card in the system (autopay)?

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
You won't be without service, if you are just top up and that's it. These problems will be simple fixes one things settle down around here. I've had the mods switch several plans for me and my family in the past, no problem.

shrimpdude
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I currently have my plan scheduled to switch over about a month from now as detailed in the OP.

Based on the messages in this thread, it looks like it's safe to assume that the automatic plan switching is 100% broken. Why even offer it as a feature, then?

Is there any way we can give a heads up to Public Mobile so that they can manually apply the plan switch before it fails on us instead of afterward? I don't look forward to being without service around renewal time.

Rockdaddy22
Unfortunately it could take a couple days to hear back at the moment. It's crazy busy due to the popularity of this new fall promo.

mikefradette
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My service is interrupted and I don't see any mods online. I sent @Saray_O a message 6 hours ago though, but haven't heard back.

Rockdaddy22
Unless service is interrupted I'd let the mods deal with more pressing issues for now, for the good of the PM community. These are simple fixes, why not just wait until after the promo. If service is interrupted, than of course that's a major issue that needs to be solved ASAP.

taichiyen

Attention If you are one of the lucky ones that are having trouble switch over to the new plan.

Please send a private message to one (not all just one) of the community moderators (

) with your phone number and the plan you tried to switch to, they will get you sorted.

Remember patient is a virtue.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

Rockdaddy22
Has your service been interrupted?

Dingd0ng1978
My new plan should have renewed to new plan effective today November 10th but it got renewed to my old plan.

I am suppose to get this plan
Plan i would like to have:
90-day pass
$120 per 90 Days

This plan includes: -
- Unlimited Provincial Talk
- Unlimited International Text
- 12GB Data
- Fall 2016 Promo

Can a mod help do the switch over. Seems lots having same issue. I also sent not email hopefully this can be fixed soon.

wmakayu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same issue. Queued the new plan on next renewal and it kept my old plan.

Rockdaddy22
The change plan feature never works, but don't worry it's an easy fix for a mod.

slandgirl

I have the same issue where my account just renewed and had requested the change to the 12G/90 day plan but it didn't change.  I have requested the change again, but it isnt for another 90 days.  Could someone please help?

Plan i would like to have:

90-day pass
$120 per 90 Days

• This plan includes: -
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - 12GB Data
  • - Fall 2016 Promo

Rockdaddy22
You'd be on the new plan, 1 day before expiring, sign up for a new 3 months.

bakedcorn

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
You won't get double billed, it'll push your renewal date 3 months ahead, so the system won't even try and charge you. Yes, tried and true.

It's a known issue, it'll happen to EVERYONE changing their plan. Luckily it's an easy fix by the mods.

Hey bud...

When you say "it will push your renewal date 3 months ahead", does that mean that you would still be on the original plan vs the new plan?

I'm still considered wet behind the ears hence my question - LOL!

Rockdaddy22
Things are getting mopped up nicely today, I'm loving it. 🙂

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @edpayawal

I'm sorry about that! I just changed your plan for you 🙂 Could you reboot your phone? 

Thank you! 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
You won't get double billed, it'll push your renewal date 3 months ahead, so the system won't even try and charge you. Yes, tried and true.

It's a known issue, it'll happen to EVERYONE changing their plan. Luckily it's an easy fix by the mods.

edpayawal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I have exactly same situation...will someone help me please thanks

bakedcorn

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
That's what I'm saying. You lose a day, but whatever

Hi Rockdaddy22.....

Is this a tried and true method?  As I see it, you will be charged twice - one for the new plan change then most likely charged a second time on the renewal date then one is left contacting the mod's about the double billing given the so called bugs in the billing system.

I had opted for the new plan change on my renewal date two weeks in advance thinking that it would renew without incident however it was the opposite case.  Not only was my CC billed, but my account was in a suspended state and the new 12GB 90 day plan that I had changed to was gone and I'm currently renewed on the old 6GB 90 day plan.  (PM did address the suspension issue as of late - yay and kudos to the mods!! Man Happy).

The moderators are doing a spectactular job dealing with this "glitch" and the sheer volume of emails from users including myself however this renewal / billing bug should have been addressed by Public Mobile by now.

Hopefully my plan change will be rectified in the next 24 to 48 hours.

Thanks

@Rockdaddy22 I like what you're saying, and I'll try that if I switch (nov 18th renewal).

I'm still debating if I should switch even one phone to the 12GB plan. My wife and I use maybe 1GB combined per month, as we both use wifi at work. She's more likely to use more than me.

Rockdaddy22
That's what I'm saying. You lose a day, but whatever

@Rockdaddy22 so you're saying, if you scheduled a future plan change, manually pay your account 1 day before the payment is due?

Rockdaddy22
@PMUSER1 Next time just do it yourself 1 day before it's due, you forfeit 1 day of service, but at least you know it's done. It only happens when your plan is changing. I know you shouldn't have to do that and they should just finally fix the bug, but at least it's a workaround for now.

bakedcorn

@Chaos_Scorpio wrote:

@bakedcorn, you only need to push the bravo icon next time instead of adding a post just for +1 😉

Late but done!

🙂

PMUSER1

srlawren,

I had been explaining the specific plan that I wanted and the issue I was seeing on the selfserve account to the moderators in private messages the past Thursday.  I see the status of those private messages as not read yet.

After I got the phone suspended and money taken by selfserve, I used any post/thread that I saw most relevent to get PM attention to solve my issue.

If you remember, you were the one I contacted first time last week for the issue and you replied that you tagged the moderator and I should also send them a private message.  I was proactively trying to give a headsup to PM to avoid any disruption in my phone line becuase I was worried about PM's existing glitch on switching the plan function.

It is not about PM support staff.  It is the PM process of taking care of customer needs that probably should be reconsiderd (e.g. swithcing the plan).  I do not have home line and I rely on mobile phone.  I have an elderly person at home and children at school.  If my phone is useless, how do I get calls from school, hopsital, and paramedics if they try to contact me?

Hope this expalins why I was frustrated.

Jafakin
I am one of the unlucky ones that my plan did not automactically change to the new promotion plan after my 90 days ended yesterday. I have msg'd @Mary_M and awaiting for the change. ☺️

PMUSER1

Yes, it is changed now.

srlawren
@PMUSER1 sounds like your issue should now be resolved. In fairness to Shazia for not realizing the plan you wanted, you did post on this thread which is specifically about changing to the promo plan, and all the discussion here is about switching to that plan. You can see how she might have assumed that was the plan you wanted too. I know I sure did!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@PMUSER1

Sure! Please reboot your phone the service as been activated.

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
Need Help? Let's chat.