cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For existing customers: How to switch to the new $40 4Gb/month plan (with pictures)

alexzxn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Official response from Public Mobile:

Future dated rate plan change:

• We have existing customers who have future dated rate plan changes to get the promotional plan and, in some cases, the change is not sticking. We are aware of the issue and we are committed to ensuring the plan change is honored for you if you in fact had chosen a future dated rate plan change. This will also take us some time to catch up on so please bear with us.

Step 1: Log in to your self serve account

login.png

Step 2: Select Change plan option

change-plan.jpg

Step 3: Select the plan as the picture showing below and click "Change on next renewal date"

select.jpg

WALA all done.

As @daredogg mentioned this promo ends on November 20th 2016 please make the switch before then.

Meaning-of-vault-boy-thumbs-up-jpg.jpg

(image from https://twitter.com/fallout)

Attention If you are one of the lucky ones that are having trouble switch over to the new plan.

Please send a private message to one (not all just one) of the community moderators ( @Shazia_K @Mary_M @Saray_O @Caroline_D ) with your phone number and the plan you tried to switch to, they will get you sorted.

Remember patient is a virtue.

188 REPLIES 188

PMUSER1

I changed the plan last Thursday to a $27 (province wide talk on 30 day basis).  There is sufficient money on my account already.  I have sent private messages a couple of times since Thursday and was hoping that someone is looking into that.  I have been describing this issue already that sitching the plan is not taking into effect.

Use the money in my account and switch the plan $27/30days.

Thanks

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@PMUSER1

Please do not post any private info as this is a Public Forum.

You currently have a balance of $27 and the plan you selected costs $120. Would you be able to add the remaining balance or could I charge the difference from your credit card registered on file? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

PMUSER1

Shazia,

I have been sending you private message since last Thursday and I am not getting reply from any of you folks.  Now, today my phone is suspended.  Please check your emails.

My number is ********

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @PMUSER1

I'm sorry to hear about this!

Can you please send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone number? I will look into this.

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

PMUSER1

Hi,

My plan renewal date was yesterday or today.  From the self serve it is not clear which day was it.  However, I changed the plan last Friday (Nov 04) and was hoping that it will take into effect on teh renewal date.  It never changed to the new plan and then today my phone got disconnected/suspended.  I still made the payment (as per the new plan I switched to last week) in order to get the phone working again.  PM selfeserve took the money but phone is still inactive and it is still showing me that I am on the old plan.

I tried connecting with Shazia and Mary through private messages since last Thursday to give them a headsup that I was going to change the plan.  I was worried because there are so many posts here with these problems and especially there is no refund.

Can you please look into and make my phone available?

Thanks.

pamorin

I was indeed on a granfathered plan.  I guess I just called to early in the morning.  I called later and made the switch (maybe).  I can't see any indication that the switch is done in the self service portal. Should I see something?

Pefect. Thanks for the clarification @jeremyesq!

jeremyesq
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@daredogg .. @pamorin is likely on a grandfathered plan. I got the same message on Wednesday when I was attempting to change my mother's account from the grandfathered $19 talk plan to the current 90-day 12GB promo plan. pamorin will need to call 611 to have the call centre change the plan, and the call centre will advise he/she is no longer eligible for phone support once the plan is changed over

@pamorin are you a legacy customer or a new one? If you're a new one, you don't have access to the call centre, as that's only for the original customers who haven't yet changed their plan.

pamorin

trying to switch, but self service website says I need call *611 and the call center is closed.  What are the operating hours of the call center?

TranQQ

Ok, sounds good! I did pm one of them, didn't get a reply for 10hours so I sent you one Smiley Happy

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Hi @tams47, please scroll up three posts. You will see a reply from me with large bold letters. It tells you how to get this fixed. Thank you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

tams47

Hi!  I switched and my renewal date was yesterday.  My paymetn went through, but my plan is still showing 6gb instead of 12gb.  Both my friend and I had switched.  Please advise how to correct this 🙂

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @krnmeraiya @TranQQ @parlaminty

Please send a private message to one of the moderators including your phone number, we'll get your plan changed for you!

Thank you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

srlawren

DEAR EVERYONE THAT SET UP THEIR PLAN TO CHANGE ON RENEWAL BUT IT DIDN'T:

Okay I hope you saw that, because clearly you haven't bothered looking at any of the replies on this thread so far.

Send one of the moderators a private message [not sure how? click that link!] with your phone number and the plan you tried to change to, and they will take care of it for you as soon as they can.  Please be patient, it will get fixed.

That is all.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@TranQQ yes they can.  Just send them a private message with the request.

TranQQ

Hi there, 

I just renewed my plan November 2nd and wonder if it's possible if one of the Admin can help me change my plan to this one? Would greatly appreciate it!

parlaminty
I am having the same issue. Mods can you please fix this in my account

krnmeraiya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i was on 120$ 6 gb plan and recently switched to 120$ 12 gb plan I made changes into self serve it stated that the plan will change from next billing cycle which started on nov 1st however in self serve I can see only 6 gb data instead of 12 gb..What should I do now?

Yong

After Mary did something for my account, she told me to reboot the cell phone,  now data shown as 12GB

ModusOp

I am in the same boat as several others, changed my plan from the 6gb, 3-month variant, to the new promotional plan which was set to change today. I appear to have been charged for the next 3 months but the plan is still showing the 6gb plan and not the 12gb promotional error.

Will this be reflected after today, or is this an issue everyone is having and hasn't been discovered by PM yet? 

Hopefully this can be adjusted soon, I've only just finished my first 3 months with Public Mobile and I've been extremely pleased with service, data speeds, and no worries about inflated, changing bills.

rattefamilly

I set up my account to switch today, and it didnt switch for me. My plan ended yesterday. Can someone help me? It gave me a credit for the $120 but says I need to top up my account to my previous, cause I had Canada wide calling previously. 

Yong

today is my renewal day, but the data change was not reflected, still show as 6gb, not sure whether this is a common issue. already PMed Mary for help.

homer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

great illustration! 

shrimpdude
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Super helpful, thank you!

rural

Hi, I PM you earlier today~ hope you can take a look alsoSmiley LOL, my whole service is dead now. Thank you @Shazia_K

htmike

Hi Shazia, i pm'd you earlier, can you please look into it for me.

Thank you

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@garyv

In my culture, we say that you are going to live 100 years because I was exactly looking at your account right now! please allow a few minutes for my reply 😉

Thanks,

Shazia

garyv

@Shazia_K I already sent u PM. Please have a look it for me 

Edit: Thanks Shazia

sbrennan

@Shazia_K Any chance you could give this a look over? I also sent a private message! Cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.