cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For existing customers: How to switch to the new $40 4Gb/month plan (with pictures)

alexzxn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Official response from Public Mobile:

Future dated rate plan change:

• We have existing customers who have future dated rate plan changes to get the promotional plan and, in some cases, the change is not sticking. We are aware of the issue and we are committed to ensuring the plan change is honored for you if you in fact had chosen a future dated rate plan change. This will also take us some time to catch up on so please bear with us.

Step 1: Log in to your self serve account

login.png

Step 2: Select Change plan option

change-plan.jpg

Step 3: Select the plan as the picture showing below and click "Change on next renewal date"

select.jpg

WALA all done.

As @daredogg mentioned this promo ends on November 20th 2016 please make the switch before then.

Meaning-of-vault-boy-thumbs-up-jpg.jpg

(image from https://twitter.com/fallout)

Attention If you are one of the lucky ones that are having trouble switch over to the new plan.

Please send a private message to one (not all just one) of the community moderators ( @Shazia_K @Mary_M @Saray_O @Caroline_D ) with your phone number and the plan you tried to switch to, they will get you sorted.

Remember patient is a virtue.

188 REPLIES 188

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
You should sent a new one to Shaz now. Include all info
Account number with previous provider
Sim number
Phone number you want to port
Any other pertinent info

boblazaar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Shazia_K Any chance you can look at your PM's that are over a week old?? 

Rockdaddy22
Never give up, ok 1 minute until work lol

pamorin

Wow, it looks like it is working now. I had almost given up all hope. 

Rockdaddy22
You're amazing 😉 Ok, start work at 11:00. Has a good rest Shaz, thanks for the great work today.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@pamorin

sorry for the long wait 😞 please reboot your phone and everything should be functional. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

pamorin

I am on day six of no service (also six days since PMing a MOD) 

bulbamuffin

I got mine fixed within 2 days of PMing mod. Thanks!

pamorin

@bulbamuffin private message a moderator, but don't expect a speedy resolution.  I am at 4 days without service.

bulbamuffin

So I set it to change on next renewal date.....but it didn't change. Anyknow know what to do in this case? I don't even seen the box anymore Smiley Sad

publicbond

@pamorin , yah. But due to the backlog of issues with this new promo, there are people without service for 7-8 days. Hopefully with the Mods working hard, we may not have to wait that long and the queue gets clear faster.  In our case, it should be a simple job as we were already on the public n/w so no porting issues or pending with another service provider issues. 

Been on Public n/w for more than 2 years and never had an issue until now. Hope the same remains true once I get my Service back up. 

Just giving  a high five and Thanks to the mods for working over during this busy period. 

@Mary_M @Shazia_K @Saray_O @Danny_M @Jeremy_M 

pamorin

@publicbond 2 days?  This is just shameful.  

Rockdaddy22
I would hope everyone knows we don't have access to a call center.

publicbond
@pamorin. Tada.. I am 2 days ahead of you. Went through the same process. Cool Tip "Now u can't even call Call center". No Service now. At the mercy of the Mods now. Will let you know when mine gets fixed.

@pamorin I think the "expired" line is for the promo discount

pamorin

Well this morning I decided that since the plan did not actually change, that I still had access to the call center. and I did call.  I had to do some convincing but got to talk to somebody and they did fix the issue. Money was taken out of my account, the plan is now showing in the portal as of 6 hours ago.  

Phone is still not working after many reboots, no data, no voice, no sms.  nada. 

the plan is showing this exactly:  

Pick & Pay 
  • This plan includes: -
  • - 12GB Data
  • - Expired
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk

is the -Expired of any concern?

Rockdaddy22
Nobody's forcing you you to do anything. PM doesn't have call centers for new clients, that's why it's cheap. Of course the system needs work, I hate these bugs 🐜 with a passion 😡

Rockdaddy22
I guess your old plan cost more than the new plan? If that's the case you should be able to top it up to get it working.

pamorin

Well what had to happen, happened.  Grand Fathered plan expired and switch to new plan didn't happen.  Can't pick a new plan because you can only switch on the next renewal date.  Account is suspended, so no next renewal date.  Can't re-activate my previous plan.  I have plenty of money in my account and it is even on autopay

I understand wanting to streamline service but you need to put the tools in place and make sure they work. Not giving us access to the call center to get a speedy resolution is just icying on the cake. Forcing us to go through the forums Mods who have way to much on there plate right now because of these problems is just bad service. 

Bad service even when it is cheap, is never acceptable. 

Rockdaddy22
Yes everyone, just wait a couple weeks to get it fixed. Mods are extremely busy try fix no service and failed ports at the moment. Unless you plan on using all 6GB right away.

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's no longer Suspended but still on 6GB. 

So does eveyone have this problem? It's no wonder the mods are overloaded. The system bugs are causing them to have to do more work on top of the new activations.

Rockdaddy22
Now you have to buy the plan, you just topped up. Pick the 6GB plan for now and get it fixed later.

Jonavin

I topped up to $120 and it's showing Amount Due as 0, but it still won't switch it from Suspended. Balance shows $120.

Rockdaddy22
At least I warned you lol Try topping up and see if you can get it working. You'll have to get a refund from a mod and get your plan changed.

Jonavin

@Rockdaddy22 Well you were right. Right at midnight. Account suspended and plan did not change. How does an account become automatically Suspended when it's on autopay?

Jonavin

Even on autopay? 

Rockdaddy22
It won't, it'll renew to the same plan you have. You'll have to get it fixed by a mod. If you're old plan cost more than the new one you could lose service if you don't top up the difference

Jonavin

My plan renews tonight with future dated plan change. Hopefully everything goes through properly. *fingers crossed*

Rockdaddy22
Of course it'll be honored, they're extremely busy trying to deal with failed activations and people with no service.

dmytryk_here
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Schedule future plan change on Nov 14, Nov 14 pasted, account was not working up to today. PM admin, and filed support ticket, with no responce on Saturday or Sunday. Today the plan details are working, but showing 6 GB instead of 12. Hopefully one of the messages will reach the proper channel, and the promotion will be honored.

Need Help? Let's chat.