cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Call Always Goes to Voicemail even with Do Not Disturb set to OFF

jbassil
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I read some threads about this issue being related to the Do Not Disturb feature on phones. I have an iPhone X and when my screen is locked (and Unlocked), callers will go straight to voicemail. I have disabled all DND features on the phone and reset the network settings in case that was helpful. Help !

8 REPLIES 8

PM voice calls uses 3G.   PM's data can be on both LTE or 3G. 

Generally speak, LTE has a faster data speed but PM throttled to 3Mbps anyway.  Some reported 3G data might be faster on 3G except higher latency.

jbassil

I tried 3g and asked my friend to retest. The call came through on first ring. I'm going to monitor for a couple of days and mark this as the solution if it continues to work. Any downside to this setting knowing my data plan is 3g only?

@jbassil   If it is a month, it might not be related.

do you see any difference when you are outside of your usual area like home or work?  do you see you have some calls coming in without issue at all? or pretty much 100% of the calls goes into VM?

it might not be a game changer, but try to change to 3G only and see if you see any improvement with incoming calls

jbassil

Also, outgoing works fine.

jbassil

Apparently it's been happening for at least a month. I just found time to look into it. I don't currently have another phone to try.

jbassil

Thanks , no luck . I did try all of these suggestions, thank you for sharing the article. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jbassil  outgoing calls no problem?

Since when you have this issue?  just last week?   did you try to put the SIM on another phone?     

During last couple days, there have been many issues with calls.  A quick fix to this is to put your SIM on another phone.    If it works on another phone, then power off the other phone first before removing the SIM from your other phone and put it back to your original iPhone.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jbassil 

Here's a really good article with some troubleshooting tips!!!

Why Does My iPhone Go Straight To Voicemail?

Need Help? Let's chat.