cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First 2months free- flash sale

Jsktaylor1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi l am having trouble getting some one to respond to my question about the flash sale.I recently signed up with public mobile Dec 22.l got charged straight away for mine and my daughter's account $45.20 twice.I was under the impression that l would get my first 2months free,now I've been informed my next billing date is Jan 22.what about the free months.

18 REPLIES 18

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jsktaylor1  It's fine, I misread all the time! I received my 2nd month credit witin actually 2-3 business days. If you do not receive it by the end of your 3rd week, you can followup with the moderators by using the "?" on the bottom of screen. This way, if there is a glitch in the system you will not need to pay for the 2nd month and then get manually credited for the 3rd month. Welcome to PM!

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Jsktaylor1 wrote:

Hi l am having trouble getting some one to respond to my question about the flash sale.I recently signed up with public mobile Dec 22.l got charged straight away for mine and my daughter's account $45.20 twice.I was under the impression that l would get my first 2months free,now I've been informed my next billing date is Jan 22.what about the free months.

Only second month is free. You pay for the first one, and within 30 days, your account receives money amount equal to your plan price. Therefore, your 2nd month would be for free.

@ChuckYeah  Very nice, that explanation of how you'd get to $24 owing in month #3!!! 👍 ISTR seeing a similar post just recently(it might even have been yours), but THIS one was way better laid out, and easy to follow, especially for the n00bs(I count myself among them).

Thanks, @CannonFodder . I had assumed that the op used a referral code, yet I read the thread and he did not mention that. I hope it's all clear now.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The free month will be applied on the first renewal date. PM is a prepaid carrier so the first month must be paid when activating. The free month will pay for the renewal unless add ons are purchased, in which case funds will have to be added to your account's available funds.

@Jsktaylor1 wrote:

I am on auto pay for both accounts,that makes them =$38 each plus tax .But it was advertised as a flash sale of first 2 months free.And you are the first person that's got back to me out of 3or4 attempts.But your proposal of Third month at $24 dollars still doesn't add up to me.Would you mind explaining a bit more please.Maybe it's me but l don't understand thanks jt

What @ChuckYeah  was talking about, is IF you had used a referral code when you signed up, you would have saved even more money, but based on the conversation here, I strongly suspect you didn't use a referral code.

Also, did you MAYBE get it stuck in your mind that there'd be 2 months free, because if I read it correctly, you AND your daughter both signed up at the same time, so were you thinking it'd be a free month for your account and a free month for hers? 🤔 

ARGH - ninja'd yet again!!! 😴 

@Jsktaylor1 wrote:

I am on auto pay for both accounts,that makes them =$38 each plus tax .But it was advertised as a flash sale of first 2 months free.And you are the first person that's got back to me out of 3or4 attempts.But your proposal of Third month at $24 dollars still doesn't add up to me.Would you mind explaining a bit more please.Maybe it's me but l don't understand thanks jt

Month 1: You paid $40 plus tax for plan of $40 plus tax on your credit card

You receive $2 autopay credit immediately, but it's not used 

Within 72 hrs you recieve $10 for using a referral code at signup

Additonal Funds = $12

Month 2: Within 30 days, you receive credit equal to your plan, or $40.

This pays for your $40 2nd month.

You receive $2 autopay again which you don't need to use.

Additional funds = $14

Month 3: You receive $2 autopay again

Additional Funds = $16

You are charged $40 - $16 for unused funds or $24.

On this payment date you will pay $24 plus taxes on your credit card.

Welcome to PM!

@Jsktaylor1 wrote:

I'm sorry l read the advertisement again and now l realise it's the second month free not 2 months free, so please accept my apologies,l was wrong.Thankyou

No problema. You did the correct thing to come to the Community Forum to seek explanation. Now if you see someone asking a similar question, you can respond correctly and work toward earning some of the Community Rewards to lower your monthly costs.

Welcome to PM.

Jsktaylor1

I'm sorry l read the advertisement again and now l realise it's the second month free not 2 months free, so please accept my apologies,l was wrong.Thankyou

@Jsktaylor1 wrote:

It was advertised flash sale first two months free ends midnight Dec 23.Think it's still up, sure l just read it

FLASH SALE! Get your second month FREE when you activate!

@Jsktaylor1 wrote:

It was advertised flash sale first two months free ends midnight Dec 23.Think it's still up, sure l just read it

No, they never advertised any such promo. All promo they have launched are posted in the annoucement section. You might be referring to "Get your second month free"?

Jsktaylor1

Jsktaylor1

Ok thank-you,l did not realise l would get credited back it wasn't explained to me.I will look out for my credit back.Thankyou for getting back to me, ljust needed someone to explain .Happy new year

@Jsktaylor1 wrote:

Sorry, but Public Mobile has never advertised an offer for 2 months of free service. The offer, as stated earlier, is for your second 30 days of service to be free.

Jsktaylor1

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jsktaylor1 

You will get your second month credit on or before your first renewal date.

Your first renewal date should be Jan 20 if you activate you plan on Dec 22 because Decembe has 31 days.

Read the offer details: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/30daysfor0
The one-time credit amount will be equal to the plan activated on and will be automatically applied. Please note the one-time credit will be added to the account within 30 days of activation

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

FLASH SALE! Get your second month FREE when you activate!

• Eligible customers will be provided the account credit within 30 business days
  • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@Jsktaylor1 So the $45.20 is your daughters first month payment $40 plus tax. Since PM is prepaid, you must pay the first month in full.

The promo is your next month free, so withing 30 days her account will show $40 in her Account. This will be used to pay for your 2nd month on January 22. So your credit card will not be charged that day.

If you are on auto pay and you used a referral code, by the time your third month hits you'll have $16 dollars on her account. This will reduce your 3rd month to $24 plus tax.

So to be clear, the promo is next month free, not two months free.

Need Help? Let's chat.