cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find a friend

Shayla1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am using Find a Friend to ‘see’ my daughter while at middle school, new school for her. Would tracking her be a part of ‘data’ used for her?? Hope I’m making sense 😊

6 REPLIES 6

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Tracking needs data to send and receive. if the phone are connected to WiFi which most of the schools now have, Also, the location services should be enabled.

@Shayla1 

Is "find a friend" the same as sharing your location with others in your timeline? If so it does require data when it's not shared via wifi but it is minimal.

@Shayla1 
I know this is 10 days old but wanted to clarify that we are talking about the daughters phone and data while she is at school. Assuming so…. Wouldn’t most schools have wifi for students now? I don’t know, it has been a LONG time since I was at school… Al Gore hadn’t even invented the internet then (joke to weed out the youngsters). So my point is, if they DO have wifi that the daughters phone is connected to while at and around school, cell plan data use may not be very much.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shayla1 

Yes you will need a data for that device to tracking GPS....

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Shayla1  yes, all these tracking app needs data.  It needs data to send back the location 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shayla1 : Yes. The GPS is one way. Then the phone sends that location data back to servers that you can then retrieve for your purposes. It should also work with wifi. Try one or the other to see.

Need Help? Let's chat.