Good choice. 🙂

Joey_1975
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Wonder_why wrote:

Fido offering 6 GB Data for $75 

Enjoy!  I'll just stick to my PM plan - $120/90 days

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

that's nice with koodo.  Fido doesn't do anything like that, and just straight up charge for over use.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Wonder_why wrote:

@Luddite and @srlawren your guys Rockz , thanks a lots 

@Wonder_why you're too kind.  happy to help.

@kav2001c wrote:

@Wonder_why & @srlawren if you really want to jump through the hoops, why stop at $15 for 2GB (or 3GB)

@kav2001c care to elaborate?  whatcha got in mind?  Oh I guess maybe getting onto a Quebec/Saskatchewan plan or something?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Grampa
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Wonder_why

When you reach your 5GB limit at Koodo, they will offer you another 1GG for $20, giving you total 6GB for $70 which is your target. You can only buy the 1 GB once per month though I think, so 6GB is max.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kav2001c I am actually look some good deal for 6 GB Data under $70, Fido offer to existing customers only and Koodo offer 5 GB Data for $50, I need approximately 6 GB a month

@Wonder_why & @srlawren if you really want to jump through the hoops, why stop at $15 for 2GB (or 3GB)

Wonder_why

@Luddite and @srlawren your guys Rockz , thanks a lots 

My Promo Predictions:

- never again 12 GB LTE for $120

- next promo will be open to all and so will be priced around $180 for 12 GB LTE; $120 for 12 GB 3G; i.e. priced so few on PM current bonus offers will move but will be broadly attractive to competitors

Mind you, I never predicted anything close to the offers in the last 3 months! Robot Frustrated

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Wonder_why wrote:

@Michael77 yeah 12 GB Data 90 days rock but I need little bit more than 4 GB Data a month Cat Indifferent

You could your current plan renew early.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren

@Wonder_why actually, if you don't rely on actual SMS/MMS texting, you could use the old roaming workaround trip for calls and then just physically swap the sim cards when you're low on PM data.  Before removing the PM SIM card, you'd forward your calls to a free Fongo number, and then you'd use Fongo to recieve calls over your Fido data connection.  For outbound, you could use Google Hangouts Dialer, which can be configured to send your PM phone number as your outbound phone number.  This setup just doesn't really work for text... unless you have an old unlocked (or Telus/Kodoo locked) phone kicking around you could leave powered on and attached to charger at home and install a text forwarding app to forward to...errr, I guess to Fongo so you'd have to pay I think it's around $3/month for Fongo texting as well.  Wouldn't help for outbound as those would show your Fongo number, but for inbound it would work.  [EDIT: or just move all your texting messages over to WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, etc.]

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Wonder_why

@srlawren nope ,  I wish I have bought S8 Plus international version,Fido tablet 3 GB Data $15 I believe, might look into,thanks for the suggestion,I might modify the Mirco SD card slot Cat Happy

srlawren

@Wonder_why Do you happen to have a dual-SIM phone?  If so, and if you know someone (good friend, or family) that's on Fido, you could probably get them to add a tablet plan on a second SIM to their account.  It's $15/month for 2GB [disclaimer: haven't looked terribly recently so hope this is still valid] data-only plan, plus the 1-time cost of a new SIM card.  This setup may not be ideal, but if it's possible for you, that's a relatively inexpensive way to add a couple extra gigs a month.  With a dual SIM phone, you have to select which one is the active data SIM at any given time, so you will have to move them back and forth if needed, but it's doable.

Wonder_why

@Michael77 yeah 12 GB Data 90 days rock but I need little bit more than 4 GB Data a month Cat Indifferent

Michael77

@srlawren,

LOL! 🙂

Some people got the Fido 6 gig plan for $55. I still think that is too much. The best plan definitely is the PM 4gig/$38 plan. 

srlawren

@Wonder_why wrote:

Wondering PM can match Fido offer

@Wonder_why PM seems a bit gun-shy [sorry for the continued gun references, I'm 2 for 2 in my last two replies here] about doing competitive response promos after FM roasted them last time around.

srlawren

@passiveegg @Mana @Michael77 I think they are banking on the inherent value in their network over Freedom's.  Personally I think if for some reason the only two options available to me were that Fido deal for $65/75 or the same plan at Freedom on one of their weekend specials for $40, and someone had a gun to my head and said I had to pick one or the other or they'd pull the trigger, I'd pay the extra for Rogers' network over Freedom's.  Just IMHO.  That said, yes, I definitely agree that the 2016 Fall Promo plans here were much, much better. I still hold out [faint] hope that we may see it return some day.

Wonder_why

Wondering PM can match Fido offer

Mana
Mayor / Maire

$75 + tax per month is way too much to be spending on a cell phone bill. 

Michael77

@passiveegg wrote:

that deal is pretty horrible. i think pm gave the best price for their promo. $120/12 gb for 3 months. 

@passiveegg

Agreed. 🙂

Michael77

Fido is offering up to $30 off a 6GB BYOD Pulse plan to some customers [Update]

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/09/14/fido-customers-offered-6gb75-promo-plans/

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

that deal is pretty horrible. i think pm gave the best price for their promo. $120/12 gb for 3 months. 

Acekiller

Not much of a deal if you ask me.  

Michael77

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/09/14/fido-customers-offered-6gb75-promo-plans/

I saw that. They are offering $65 or $75- 6 gig plans to some existing customers. Fido may be losing customers to Freedom Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.