cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Has Been Without Phone Service for 10 days, Data Three Weeks

percyjones
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When my girlfriend and i decided to move from our old plans to Public Mobile, we both agreed to try and liked the business model.

It's now been three weeks since we have ported our services and have had no service.  After dozens of messages to mods nothing has been resolved, haven't even had a reply.  To think of my girlfriend driving around with no cell phone bothers me to no end, not to mention the business we have lost, and multiple events we've missed because of this decision.

We have followed all steps and procedures found in the community thread, we need to have this resolved as we can't even port our numbers out.  This needs to be rectified immediately as we have patiently waited our turn, and our credit cards have ben charged.  If any mods read this please private msg me or kristina0606, or check her messages.

@Shazia_K @Mary_M@Jeremy_M@Saray_O@Caroline_D@Brooke_C

20 REPLIES 20

Balanceman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yeah, you have to be careful and delicate with iPhones.  Typically wiping it off with a cloth will help.  If not, then it's a damaged sim.

You guys can swap sims to see if the sims works on each other phones; this is to verify whether there is a problem with the sim or the phone.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Try her sim in your phone, ultimate test

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

My wife had this issue - No SIM. It was an iphone

I took out the SIM. wiped it off with a kleenex, put it back, careful to make sure aligned and seated, been fine ever since

percyjones

well @Shazia_K got @kristina0606the service we wanted.  she was very accommodating, and im very appreciative of the she spent resolving the issue.

but it seems we are back to square one and the service how now gone out on @kristina0606 and the phone is saying no sim card.  i also got a referral notice at the same time like her account has been switched or something.  

any info on what to do would be great.

thanks for all the help.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@percyjones wrote:
Thanks @Shazia_K my girlfriend kristina0606 has been sending 2 messages a day for 3 weeks.

Please note in case you have any issues in future, that this doesn't actually bump you ahead in the service queue.  In fact, it slows down everybody's service response times because they have to go through each message to make sure it's not a new issue being reported that hasn't been fixed yet.

Rockdaddy22
So is everything good?

percyjones
Thanks Shazia_K for getting back to us. I appreciate you're help.

percyjones
Thanks @Shazia_K my girlfriend kristina0606 has been sending 2 messages a day for 3 weeks.

Rockdaddy22
Thank you so much

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Rockdaddy22

Yup, you are right Kristina sent me a few messages and I just replied back but nothing from OP. 

Thanks 🙂

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Could've been from@kristina0606

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @percyjones

I'm really sorry to hear about this, 

I verified the whole queue and couldn't find any message from, did you send an email? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Also @kristina0606 also needs help, that's Percy's girlfriend I beleive.

Rockdaddy22
@Shazia_K IF you have time could you help our friend @percyjones they've been waiting very patiently.

Huntress

Yeah well I was told to go elsewhere to another service provider!! I went half a month without service because the sim stopped working! Someone else on here told me (You should have had an extra card) Really who does that?? I was asking for my time I lost back! And was told I didn't deserve it because it wasn't PMs fault the card stopped working and that I should go elsewhere!!!!!

Nice company, would you agree???  

magical

Look, I wouldn't be here if my PM worked and we all had service.

so for now I'm adding it to pretty much each message. 

PUBLICNOSERVICEMOBILE

UDP7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Do you have anything better to do than make childish names in red text?

magical

Such great service! Only 288 HOURS to wait for SERVICE!

Sweet Service!

You are already in the queue if you followed this procedure: Contact moderators. The backlog is such that it may be several more days before you have a response. Suggest you create a way to cope with that delay. Robot Frustrated

While you are waiting some people have found this procedure helpful:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/How-I-fixed-porting-my-mobile-number-and-p....

Also, try your old SIM. If it works just keep using it until the PM SIM is functional. Do not close your old account; that will happen automatically. Or if you have another phone, use your old SIM in it and carry on with two phones.

Meanwhile, if your service is down you can make phone calls with an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

magical

I'm sure you liked the business model when you expected some support, not this NONEXISTANT support that you are getting.

The points you bring up are very valid. I'm sure a lawsuit could come of this ... 

There is a difference between saying you are providing support and providing none at all... 12+ days for support is WAY to long for anyoune to wait....

PUBLICNOSERVICEMOBILE

Need Help? Let's chat.