cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed when porting out my number to Shaw

eric_lu2000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Shaw told me my phone num does not belong to public mobile instead of telus, so first which carrier I should provide to them? Second, it seems I can't login My Account, which is down?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

@eric_lu2000 wrote:

Shaw told me my phone num does not belong to public mobile instead of telus, so first which carrier I should provide to them? Second, it seems I can't login My Account, which is down?

Thanks.

It used to be that Public Mobile was considered a seperate carrier. If Public Mobile is in the list, go ahead an select it, but if not, go ahead and choose Telus. When I was porting from Koodo to Wind Mobile at one point in time, the person at the store simply chose Telus. Freedom and Shaw are one of the few brands that ask for the old carrier name during the activation process.  Shaw actually knows which the carrier that you're transfering from based on the phone number. A database tells them. Most carriers don't even both asking which competitor that you're transfering from.

eric_lu2000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

After "Clear browsing data" in settings,  it is working now. Thanks.

ccdevmike
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@eric_lu2000 wrote:

Thanks.

Self serve seems to be working for me at the moment. 

Need Help? Let's chat.