cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FaceTime

TMK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My FaceTime calls are lagging. The cellular data is on. This happens using the house Wi-Fi and it's connected. No other incoming calls that are interrupting the current FaceTime conversation. It happens constantly and has been getting worse. 

9 REPLIES 9

@TMK wrote:

I am now back on Wifi and this seems to be better. I do have an older iPhone SE which still works great. Our connection speed has been great as I check it often. And hopefully it gets better with the new Fiber Optics.

I have an SE as well. No issues on FaceTime video locally or to Anaheim. Are you using FaceTime audio only and not video?. Have you checked your internet speed and how many curves do you have for wifi? Also fibre optic internet from who?

TMK

I still have an older SE but have the latest software update.

TMK

I am now back on Wifi and this seems to be better. I do have an older iPhone SE which still works great. Our connection speed has been great as I check it often. And hopefully it gets better with the new Fiber Optics.

@TMK wrote:

I'm trying talking on FaceTime without WiFi and so far it's good. 

Your home WiFi performance is the problem.  Check the connection signal strength, reposition the router if signal strength is low.  Consider a mesh network.  If signal strength is not the problem, reboot the hardware to see if that helps.  

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@TMK wrote:

@TMK This would seem to point to your wifi network having an issue. Keep an eye on your cell data usage, I'm not sure what the usage rate is for video calls.

TMK

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TMK :Have you already upgraded your phone iOS to latest version? That could help.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TMK :Because not using data and instead using wifi, the problem is either your phone or your wifi speed/connection - nothing to do with your cell service provider.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@TMK wrote:

My FaceTime calls are lagging. The cellular data is on. This happens using the house Wi-Fi and it's connected.

@TMK Facetime lagging while hooked up to your home wifi isn't a Public Mobile issue. Maybe, if you don't mind using the cell data, turn off wifi and give it a try.

Need Help? Let's chat.