cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Every call disconnecting under 1 minute

Raghavkukreja
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Every time i make or recieve a call i hear like 3 warning beeps and the call gets disconnected under 1 minute each time it happens with voice mail too i just ported my number from freedom mobile a few days back it all seemed fine the first day but from second day every single call i made or recieved got disconnected under 1 minute every time.
12 REPLIES 12

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jmweise wrote:

That is so wrong on so many levels it's not even funny. I've built IDM systems for years and can tell you a dozen different ways to authenticate someone without their pin. That's just bad business. If a moderator doesn't have the tools to figure out who belongs to what account public definitely didn't deserve my business. 

@jmweise if you don't want to give them your PIN, you can give the alternate info I listed.  Private messaging the moderators is literally the only way to get account help here.  It's the business model they've chosen and it helps them deliver good value on the plans and services due to lower overhead.  As @mimmo rightly points out, any service you call or interact with online (online chat, facebook messenger, etc) will want to verify your identity, for your protection and theirs.  I know there are other ways to do it such as sending you a form to fill out, and I've seen that used at other services.  I'm not sure why the private message exchange is unacceptable, but if you do feel that strongly about it yes by all means feel free to speak with your wallet and move your business elsewhere.  

Funny, of all the things people typically complain about with Public's support model, I don't recall needing to give a PIN typically being one.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

I'm not sure how my reply is wrong on so many levels, nor which levels.  I manage three accounts from a single forum account. How are the moderators supposed to know which account needs help or that I am authorised to make changes to it.

When I call Koodo or Shaw or bell they ask for the account pin or password even if I am calling from the account phone.   Please let us know how sending a private message  with the pin or other verification info is different?

This is how the system is set up good or bad. 

jmweise
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That is so wrong on so many levels it's not even funny. I've built IDM systems for years and can tell you a dozen different ways to authenticate someone without their pin. That's just bad business. If a moderator doesn't have the tools to figure out who belongs to what account public definitely didn't deserve my business. 

mimmo

When you call any company they ask for verification info. This is no different.  Also Many people manage multiple accounts from one community account. Mods have no way to know which account you might need help in.  

jmweise

I don't think so. I can't think of a single legitimate enterprise that would ask for an acct number and pin to provide service. If the moderator isn't monitoring this and see an issue it's time to leave public.

srlawren

@jmweise wrote:

That's exactly what happened. I added a US roaming PKG a second time. 

Moderator, help.

@jmweise as I noted, to get help, you need to send the moderator team a private message.  Use the bold link in this little blurb:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jmweise

That's exactly what happened. I added a US roaming PKG a second time. 

Moderator, help.

srlawren

@jmweise wrote:

This is exactly what is happening to me. I added a US roaming plan. Worked for a few days and now being and dropped the same way.

Hello

@jmweise did you perhaps happen to add a second US roaming talk add-on?  A few people have run into this if they purchased a US Roaming Talk add-on but also purchased one of the two bundles that include it (US Roaming Talk + Text for $15 or US Roaming Talk + Text + 250MB data for $20).  If this is your situation, you will want to reach out to the moderator team and ask them to manually remove one of the two.  Actually even if that's not it, you'll want to reach out to them for assistance.  Here's all the details you need to do so:

Spoiler
How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue
Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
  • Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount
How long until they reply?:
  • Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.
How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

jmweise

This is exactly what is happening to me. I added a US roaming plan. Worked for a few days and now being and dropped the same way.

Hello

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Nice!

I was about to go on about trying the sim in a working phone but @Shazia_K figured it out in under 30 mins!

Happy Tuesday, hope all is working for you soon @Raghavkukreja

Quest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Raghavkukreja wrote:
Every time i make or recieve a call i hear like 3 warning beeps and the call gets disconnected under 1 minute each time it happens with voice mail too i just ported my number from freedom mobile a few days back it all seemed fine the first day but from second day every single call i made or recieved got disconnected under 1 minute every time.

@Raghavkukreja

I assume that you have:

1. compatible phone
  2. You did reset if necessary factory reset
  3. You rebooted your phone
  4. Took out and put back your sim card
  5. Your phone has a latest update

These are usually standard procedures.

Never mind  @Shazia_K  responded while I was writing my post.

Anyway, It could be useful to know that it can help to solve many other issues.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Raghavkukreja

Sorry to hear about this, 

This seems like your rate plan is not provisioned properly, can you please send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone number? I will quickly look into this for you. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
Need Help? Let's chat.