cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when transferring from telus

lizruskay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm try to port my number from Telus, but keep getting a "unable to process" error message.

i'm using a different email address than the one I used with Telus. Please help. thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

@michaelwei wrote:

I can't transfer my number from Telus, but when I dialed my Telus number it is not ringing either, seems like it is lost in cyberspace. My Telus account is xxxxxxxxxxxx and my pin is xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I just checked my Telus account and it says it has been cancelled but my number is not in my Public Mobile. What happened? My Telus number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

@michaelwei Please remember to never post this type of information here. Anyone on the internet can seee what you post on this message board. This account information should only be given to Public Mobile employees. To do that, go to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and type in "rep".

michaelwei
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can't transfer my number from Telus, but when I dialed my Telus number it is not ringing either, seems like it is lost in cyberspace. My Telus account is xxxxxxxxxxxx and my pin is xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I just checked my Telus account and it says it has been cancelled but my number is not in my Public Mobile. What happened? My Telus number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Thanks.

edited by computergeek541: account information removed

lizruskay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thanks for the extra info.

sorry, I should have provided more details!

I was at the stage where I input my details from Telus to confirm eligibility. I had been told previously to only put in the basic info, ie: the two required items & then only one other optional item. I was getting errors such as "sorry, you don't have authority for this number",  and then an error that said they are currently have trouble and to try back later.

I just went in now to try again, and tried clicking the "I am authorized" box first before inputting anything,..even the number to port, but now i'm getting a General Error, that basically says "something went wrong". 

i'm guessing it might be due to so much heavy traffic on PM's site?

I will try again in a couple of days, and just "deal" with this new, unrememberable number they've given me for now.

jgorman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Agreed

I think @jgorman is right. The more fields you fill in, the more chance you have of getting something wrong.

I'd say fill in your old account number (easy, it's on your invoice), an alternate phone (only because it's required), and your authorized name (exactly how it's on your invoice again... JOHN R SMITH, for example). Those 3 items should be sufficient for successful porting.

jgorman
Just I would recommend only putting info in the required fields leave the rest blank. And yes check I am authorized first then input your info

jgorman
Pin is not required. I ported from wind. Only gave account name and account number. The more info you gave seems where the greater chance of a mistake can happen.

Pillzberri
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Make sure the credentials you are using like account number, name and etc are being filled out exactly like how it is on your telus account. Make sure you put your pin aswell. How I ported from wind is I put my account number, pin, alternate phone number ,and name.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Alright, can you provide a few more details? At what stage is this "unable to process" message coming up? There are 6 stages for the activation, so it would be helpful to know.

There is a glitch in the form when you attempt to port a number in step 2. There is a checkbox at the bottom that says, "I am authorized...". Apparently if you click that box FIRST, before filling out any other information on the page, it'll allow you to proceed to next step.

Need Help? Let's chat.