cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in receiving calls from landline numbers

Rahat1982
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I have been registered with Public Mobile since 6 months. I have an issue with this network.  I found this network failed to get me connected with the calls from landline numbers. I received many complaints from the people when they tried to call me from land number, it never connected for example calls from my bank and doctor appointment. I need to know how to fix this error as I missed many important calls in this way.

Thank you!

19 REPLIES 19

@jeffgodin1 wrote:

I just ported from Rogers to Public, can make outgoing calls, and get incoming calls from other lines. I cannot receive calls from my Primus landline, I get a message saying "The number you have dialed is not in service, please check the number and try your call again. Thank you"

I would give it at least 3 days for the routing information to be picked up everywhere. Especially competition carriers like Primus. I had a friend using MagicJack VoIP service on his home line and was also not able to call his Public Mobile number ported from rogers for 2-3 days, but it resolved itself after that.

This is because some carriers cache the LRN "Location Routing Number" which tells which carrier to route a particular phone number to. Some carriers cache this for a period of time, maybe for network optimization, maybe to save on cost of LRN lookups. If it lasts any more than a few days, it would actually be Primus as your next party to call as it's the call call routing from their side that would have to be investigated.

jeffgodin1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did this ever get solved @Rahat1982, I just ported from Rogers to Public, can make outgoing calls, and get incoming calls from other lines. I cannot receive calls from my Primus landline, I get a message saying "The number you have dialed is not in service, please check the number and try your call again. Thank you"

All area codes in question are 204.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nezgar : lol apparently I was being too clever by half. 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

One prefix covers 10,000 (-1) numbers.

-1? 0000 through 9999 is exactly 10,000 numbers. 😉

@Rahat1982  

To open a ticket with mod, click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot
type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

after you opened a ticket, keep track on the inbox here in the Community (the Envelop on the upper righter).  Mod will reply and work via you via inbox messages here.

Rahat1982

Yes,still I am unable to receive calls from landline numbers. I haven't open the ticket for MOD yet. I dont know how to open ticket for mod?

@Rahat1982  this is an issue from last week.   So, have you try to ask people from different landline provider to call you? Like traditional Bell landlines?  or people who are using Rogers Homephone or similar providers like that?

Have you opened a ticket with Mod yet?

@Rahat1982 wrote:

Area code is 782. My phone number is 782-223xxxxxx

@Rahat1982...click on the 3 little dots on top right side of the dialogue box and edit out your personal info.

@Dunkman 

Rahat1982

Area code is 782. My phone number is 782 234 xxxx

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

Anonymous
Not applicable

When the OP replied with that I went to assuming that that area probably doesn't get a lot of new activity for area codes and prefixes due to their relatively small population. There can only be so many landlines, voip, cell and the different phone number variations for each. One prefix covers 10,000 (-1) numbers. All the businesses and homes and people and even with multiple numbers each...

@Rahat1982 wrote:

I am from Dartmouth,  postal code is B3A4W1 

@Anonymous  Meant your area code for phone number not your postal code. 

Like 604-325-xxxx. We do not need to know the xxxx numbers. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@Rahat1982 wrote:

Please provide area code and first 3 digits of your phone so we can try to figure out what is going on.

@Rahat1982 , a lot of the old landline services are slow to adopt new area codes/prefixes.  Is your number on a newer area code/prefix for your locale?  The prefix is the first 3 digits after area code.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow : Or good ol' plain old copper wire (POTS). Indeed, my "landline" is the Telus Wireless Home Phone that uses cell. SIM and all.

@Rahat1982  when i said "other networks", i meant people these days, they have "land line" at home, but they can be using VoIP like Fongo, Primus, Rogers HomePhone.   Would be nice to confirm if those who can't reach you from "land line" , what companies they have their home landline on

Either way, open a ticket with Mod first .

Rahat1982

It's not other networks. I received all calls from any mobile number. The only calls from land numbers are not been connected

Rahat1982

I am from Dartmouth,  postal code is B3A4W1 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Rahat1982  you have been with PM for 6 months, it's weird.

did you port your line from another provider when you joined 6 months ago?

anyone able to call you from landland at all? or NONE?  another thing, for those friends who can't call you, can you ask them if they are Bell landland or what provider they are?  These days, landland can be VoIP or Rogers phones, etc.

cos usually this is an issue with the one initiated the calls.  However, if you find out people from different providers can't call you, then, it might really be PM issue

Either way, open a ticket with Mod

To open a ticket with mod, click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot
Enter your question in SIMon. Follow the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button,

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rahat1982 : Would you be willing to share your area code and prefix (not last 4)? I wonder if it's a new area code/prefix.

Need Help? Let's chat.