cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 38 when trying to send sms text

imayuk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Starting from today every time I try to text sms to translink 33333 for next bus schedule I get an error 38 code saying public mobile cannot send to that number. I have already restarted my phone and still getting the same error. I'm in Vancouver.

Any reason why? 

12 REPLIES 12

mortarheadd

Looks like this issue is fixed now.  I just tried myself and it works.  I also have $2 credit to my account.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@imayuk wrote:

Starting from today every time I try to text sms to translink 33333 for next bus schedule I get an error 38 code saying public mobile cannot send to that number. I have already restarted my phone and still getting the same error. I'm in Vancouver.

Any reason why? 

We recently discovered via this forum a recent change that is currently unexplained that texting to Translink (33333) and Ottawa Transit (560560) and probably others now costs 10 cents per sent text, and is NOT included in the "unlimited texting". This fee will be deducted from available account balance. If your account balance is $0.00, the sent text 'premium shortcodes' such as these will fail.

As such, the solution for now is to add some credit to your account until we hear some official comment from PM as to why these texts are no longer included in plans.

See more information in this previous topic: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Short-code-560560/m-p/624369/highl...

imayuk

I have the same issue and was going to start a new thread about 33333 not working, again, then I saw your other post regarding the charge. And as I'm on autopay and have no money in my account, my txt simply weren't going through. Very interesting of pm. Hopefully they'll look at this issue and resolve it soon because I heavily rely on this translink service.

mortarheadd

I just found out this morning and it is not working for me.  I tried other short codes, some works and some don't.  

33333 is not working

but 33335 is working for Translink alert.

Very weird and I think it is PM's problem instead of Translink.  I asked my friends with other carriers and they all are working.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Pash wrote:

Sorry, I could not find any screen where I could post a question. This is so frustrating as I've looked all through the help and nothing showing me where to create a new post. Because of that, I'm posting my question here as it is similar to the question asked here.

Why is text bus 333-33 not working?  I've been trying to text for 4 days now and the text messages are just not going through. Does this code no longer work on Public Mobile? I've tried different phones so it's not the phone settings just in case someone suggests to me to change them. Any help appreciated, thanks.

Hi @Pash I'm very sorry that your issue had been overlooked.  You should have opened a new thread on "Using your service" board, or any other board except Lounge.  

Public Mobile definitely does allow SMS to translink. As suggested above, try contacting the bus customer service.  It could be just a temporary issue.  The customer who started this thread reported that they tried to send sms again, and it worked, and added that they didn't do anything.  

May I suggest that before you try again, reboot your phone first.  Best wishes.

Pash

Sorry, I could not find any screen where I could post a question. This is so frustrating as I've looked all through the help and nothing showing me where to create a new post. Because of that, I'm posting my question here as it is similar to the question asked here.

Why is text bus 333-33 not working?  I've been trying to text for 4 days now and the text messages are just not going through. Does this code no longer work on Public Mobile? I've tried different phones so it's not the phone settings just in case someone suggests to me to change them. Any help appreciated, thanks.

imayuk

I just tried sms now and it's working. Haven't changed anything in my phone in the meantime so don't know if this is translink issue or pm issue. But seeing that someone else here tried earlier and it also didn't work and it worked for another a while later makes me think it might have been an temporary issue? 

Any case, thank you everyone for the help.

@imayuk maybe it's only affecting the Vancouver area. contact customer support and let us know what they say

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@imayuk , what phone and text app are you using?  Public Mobile definitely does allow SMS to translink.  I just tried it and it worked.  I use the google messaging app.  I suspect the app on your phone may be blocking short code texting, particularly over concerns of additional charges which won't happen with this prepaid service.  I would start by checking settings on the messaging app to see if there any controls on short codes.  If that yields a dead end, try clearing the messaging app cache, force closing the app and retry.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@imayuk  What plan are you on?

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I tried my phone, could not even send a  message, maybe something wrong with Translink.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@imayuk contact the moderators and ask them why. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.