cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency calls only

Teresa39
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yesterday morning my phone stopped working. I paid my bill got confirmation no interruption in service and now no service.  Pls help 

24 REPLIES 24

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Nezgar while some phones can last for many years, some will develop issues as they age. Some models are more or less prone to developing issues, but even within a given model, there can be variations based on a number of factors like manufacturing, how the phone has been handled since purchase, etc.  The Galaxy S6 came out in April 2015, so this particular unit could be as old as just over 5 years.  While it's not unheard of for phones to last longer, it's also not unheard of for them to spontaneously have issues. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Teresa39 wrote:

None really helped. I bought a new phone instead. Not too sure why phone upon renewal stopped working.  Oh well.  New phone works.  

Well, good to hear the SIM works in another phone, but that is interesting as it implies it is an is an issue with the old phone, and yes I can't see how there could be any correlation with your renewal date...

I wonder if there were some network changes in your area where service on some bands your old phone used have been turned off... But you mentioned it was a Samsung Galaxy S6, which has support for a vast number of bands...

Teresa39

None really helped. I bought a new phone instead. Not too sure why phone upon renewal stopped working.  Oh well.  New phone works.  

[Sometimes a phone fails! .... Luddite]

I just tested with my own (Android 8.1) phone - I went into network settings, turned off network "Choose Automatically" - the phone then searched for networks, and I intentionally chose Rogers LTE. After the failure to connect, watching for a while, two messages alternate at the top: "Emergency calls only" and "No service" .

With that said, it could be that your phone is connecting to the wrong network and you can review your settings to either manually choose "Public Mobile" or "Telus" if you see one of those in the list of available networks (is it?), or set it back to Automatic.

For example, here are the networks that come up in Regina, Sask:

Screenshot_20200609-193851.png

@Teresa39, did you check to see if the Public Mobile network service is down in your area? I know a couple of months ago, Public Mobile service went down, and everybody was going bananas over it (including myself). It happens to everyone, from Rogers to Bell. I remembered I reset my network settings and everything else. Then it dawns on me, let's try another cell phone provider, and it worked. So, I knew it was only Public Mobile.

I found this link, that may show your area? Or this link, map of down service? I did check Telus's page, since Public Mobile is most likely on the same towers? 

Or maybe, the system got overloaded with everybody jumping on the network. I live on the west coast, and my phone seems to be working. Good luck, and keep us posted. 

@Teresa39 there is something wrong with your account you can contact customer support here.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Can you test the sim card in another phone?

What is the status of your account when you log in to self serve?

Edit: Also, are you new to Public mobile? This was not clearly addressed so just asking to be sure...

Teresa39

Samsung galaxy s6

@Teresa39  

Try to Reset Network Settings 
  1. From a Home screen, navigate: Apps > Settings. > Backup and reset. These instructions apply to Standard mode only.
  2. From the Reset section, tap Reset network settings.
  3. Review the info then tap RESET SETTINGS.
  4. Review the info then tap RESET SETTINGS to confirm.

Restart your phone if it doesn't automatically, if it worked. Then re-add your wifi password, enable data and try sending an mms message. 

@Teresa39 wrote:

Tries that and won't connect to any network. Says unable to connect. 

@Teresa39   Try the lost/stolen trick, login your self serve account, select plans/add-ons tab, then phone lost/stolen, suspend service and lot out, wait a few minutes, log back in and resume service, log out and restart your phone.

If nothing helps submit a ticket to moderators via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type in your issue, select contact us/moderators, then submit ticket when these options appear and follow the prompts to finish.

@Teresa39 again, what's the make and model of your phone?  Thanks. 

Teresa39

It is a Samsung galaxy s6

Teresa39

Tries that and won't connect to any network. Says unable to connect. 

@gpixel try manually selecting any other provider as your network and restart your phone. Select PM as your network and restart your phone.  Let us know if this doesn't work. 

Teresa39

Yes I received that message. 

@Teresa39 I don't think your service is active and auto-pay may have failed. did your recieve this text message?

Screenshot_20200609-134943-01.jpeg

@Teresa39 what's the make and model of your phone?  Thanks. 

Teresa39

Same phone I have had for a couple years 

Teresa39

Tries turning it off taking SIM out. It still says NO network 

@Teresa39 wrote:

It says not registered on network 

@Teresa39  Most of the time that error occurs because your phone has been blacklisted. Did you recently purchase this phone?

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Teresa39 Check your self-service account. Does it show Active? If yes, then restart your phone as @gblackma sugested.

Teresa39

It says not registered on network 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Teresa39 wrote:

yesterday morning my phone stopped working. I paid my bill got confirmation no interruption in service and now no service.  Pls help 

@Teresa39  First off restart your phone. If it's still an issue then what happens when you dial 611 from your phone?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Teresa39 turn your phone off, remove the SIM card and put it back in. Restart your phone. Stay safe 

Need Help? Let's chat.