cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency Calls Only

danduf1981
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I activated last night, worked with a moderator to port in a number and all was good. Service was fine last night. Woke up to emergency Calls Only and I've since missed a phone appointment. Been trying to communicate with mods all morning with no response. 

10 REPLIES 10

krs99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had a similar problem recently.

What worked as a work-a-round was to eliminate LTE in the phone network settings.

So try:

LTE/WCDMA/GSM –> WCDMA/GSM

or

LTE/WCDMA/GSM –> WCDMA

restart

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@danduf1981 

This message means that the phone is connected to a network that will not allow the service to be used and can either be because of a network outage, being connected to a different network than TELUS, or if the service is not provisioned properly. 

You COULD try the lost/stolen trick to reset your service.  From your self service account:

1. enable the lost/ stolen feature,
  2. log out,
  3. wait 5 minutes,
  4. log in and take it off,
  5. log out,
  6. restart your phone. 

If this fails to work, try reaching out the Moderators again, specifying that this is a multiple request for the same issue which remains unresolved.   They've got to make this right for you.

@danduf1981 wrote:

No. I was using it on a previous carrier just fine. It came straight from Google. 

Hi @danduf1981 if the phone is neither blacklisted nor reported stolen, then it might be  the SIM card is not inserted or seated properly, this risks causing phone to only allow calls to 911. Ensure SIM card is securely inserted into the slot. It may not hurt to remove it and re-seat it. Make sure it's correct side up.

Here is an article that might help you 

How to fix a cell phone that says Emergency Calls Only

Please keep us posted

RosieR

@danduf1981 wrote:

No. I was using it on a previous carrier just fine. It came straight from Google. 

@danduf1981 are you up and running now?

If not, try a Reset of your Network Settings.

danduf1981

@danduf1981 

Did you buy your phone brand new? Any chance its been blacklisted?

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danduf1981 : Well they do need to quit for the night 🙂 I've read of a few times where mods are on and doing things late in the night. But I would still start a new ticket.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

MODs usually reply within few hours depending on number of inquiries. Just be patient a little bit 🙂 I know it is important to you but nothing can speed up their response.

Did you try removing/inserting SIM, rebooting phone, toggle plain mode on/off? Did you try your SIM in another phone (if you have it handy)?

danduf1981

I've done all of that. The person I was working with last night just stopped responding to my messages as well. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danduf1981 : Did you start a new ticket? They will have decided that problem was done. This is a new problem.

Can you try the SIM in another phone? Maybe even just restart?

Need Help? Let's chat.