cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy way to open a ticket via SIMon

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

As many of you know SIMon the chat bot can be a pain for people trying to open a ticket.

Here's an easy way.

Type: Contact US

Click: Click Me

Screenshot_20200709_223339.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

@balvinder 

If you already have done "click me" to submit a ticket and logged in with your community username.

Then from the dropdown select "activation unsuccessful" and you will see the port option.

Screenshot_20200710_170136.jpg

@balvinder type "Port Request"  and follow the prompts to get to on. Give them the name on the account, number to port and the Rogers account number.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

balvinder
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not that easy 

trying to transfer number from rogers 

@NDesai 

You can still select the category and fill in all the details.

I think PM does not want "shortcuts" being given out because they feel that the person asking the question will eventually get an answer from Simon and not even have to open a ticket. When the majority have already been on the forums reading and asking questions. Then we tell them open a ticket with Simon and they have to go all through the process again.

Screenshot_20200710_163843.jpg

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

I believe the reason they don't want people to use such shortcuts to create a ticket is because your ticket will not be categorized properly. I guess it would be under "Other" as you are not providing more details? So having tickets under this categories might not be a priority compare to tickets properly submitted under "Accounts", "Payment", etc. which should have higher priority. I assume these categories would automatically put a priority value to them. 

Additionally, they can pull data using these categories. If most people submit tickets under "Other" category, how can they specify it was account or payment related? They need to analyze these data to keep an eye on things. 

I understand that not everyone will see this point of view. If you have ever worked with ticketing system, you would know that getting all important details is necessary rather than guessing or take more time to follow up before solving. 

@kselmak 

I have Yet to have met a Chabot that ends well. So I have learned to avoid them at all costs.... and my stress level remains manageable because chances are if your seeking help you're already a little stressed to begin with. I understand your friends pain. Maybe we can start a support group  for the Simon stressed amount us. I'll volunteer to share first!

@Jb456 

Good work....your diligence is appreciated.

@gblackma wrote:

👍Thanks @Jb456 knocks 2 steps off. However, the reason I stopped giving the other method out is that according to @NDesai PM doesn't want us giving shortcuts to using Simon. Stay safe. 

I've always believed that the "human" stuff was meant at least partly as a joke and to poke Public Mobile about the general dissatisfaction that I sometimes sense from customers when it comes to SIMon.

"Rep" is actually the fastest way that I've found (only because it's less letters to type), but Public Mobile did ask these these types of shortcuts words not be used in SIMon. A specific reason was given, although I don't necessarily agree with that reasoning. Using the shortcut words eliminates much of the frustration that customers experience. Customers should not have to first figure out how to open a ticket once getting to SIMon. It should just make instant sense. I'll go a step further and say that there should be a direct link.  Using a shortcuts or direct links doesn't prevent a customer from properly categorizing the request.

👍Thanks @Jb456 knocks 2 steps off. However, the reason I stopped giving the other method out is that according to @NDesai PM doesn't want us giving shortcuts to using Simon. Stay safe. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

There are couple of key words like human etc that can get you to that link.

The kitchen is that we were told not to do that as all the conversation with Simon will be packed in the same envelope with the ticket so that the mod had more background info about the problem.

Simon can get really stubborn and Gandalf like (you shell not pass) and a user with serious issue freaking out may have since issue with that process

I had a friend call me up telling me how much Simon hates him (feeling was mutual I guess) and what he would do to him if he could get his hands on him

Need Help? Let's chat.