cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn community rewards

Kdhillon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello friends 

Really enjoying public mobile. How exactly I earn points? 

What is the system to calculate your contribution to get your rewards.

Is there a way to find out if I'm eligible for something or how do I find out? 

14 REPLIES 14

Linfield77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

New here, this was helpful! Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bubba 

It's always been a competition.

The traffic has definitely dropped though leaving all the regulars finding subtle things to add beyond what others have already said.

Then there are those that just say the same thing apart from coincidental time posting. Sigh.

But just in the last few months since the pandemic this place was a frenzy. It's settled down a lot though.

Bubba

Someone said its a lot harder now. I used to put in some time randomly come on and earn some money each month ..that turned into waiting around online, and jostling with 500 people to answer the one question that comes in. I can't put in that amount of waiting time anymore, so I don't receive any of the community rewards now.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire
@Kdhillon you can also check out this page for answers to many questions
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/tkb-p/knowledge_base

harshad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Back in 2018, I was a PM customer for a little while and I knew that earning Bravos would get rewards. Like others have pointed out, community involvement helps! 🙂 

jprender
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

While nobody knows the exact criteria for getting points, I do know that you get community rewards by answering questions in the forums. This is why their plans are so affordable, since they don't have stand alone stores and a small(er) customer service team. I personally prefer this method; when I was with Koodo it was so hard to get ahold of people, even if you went to a kiosk and asked them to call on your behalf!

Public reviews community rewards on the 1st and 6th of every month! So just make sure you comment a lot and you should be gucci

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Kdhillon wrote:

Hello friends 

@Kdhillon  You may find just participating here and there throughout the month will earn you a dollar or two next month, but yes to receive the higher amounts requires a lot more time spent answering and offering suggestions or advice when users post issues with service or account. 

So reading through some of the older threads/posts and seeing what kind of issues and fixes are being suggested and being accepted as solutions can be helpful, so read, learn and post whenever you feel you might be able to help.  Good luck 😊

hyT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kdhillon wrote:

Hello friends 

Glad that you are enjoying PM. I still have the same feeling since I joined in March 2020. There are many fellow PM users who are always ready to provide help. It also helps me a lot when I read the different Help Articles and many previous and current posts about various problems new users face. That has allowed me to avoid many common errors myself. It is best to give more details about one's problems when one asks for help. Though there are occasional posters who fail to educate themselves and simply blast PM or just threaten to leave PM without stating their problems clearly. You have to be patient with those. May be they should go to other more expensive providers who have call centres for them to complain to.

If you see any post that you think you can contribute to based on your own experience or prior knowledge, do answer it. There are many more experienced PMers who have seen them all. But the perspectives of a newbie (myself included) can sometimes help another newbie just as well. I have received small community rewards simply by doing that occasionally. It is not the one or two dollars that get me involved. It is the satisfaction I get from knowing that I have helped a newcomer that keeps me in the community.

Read the link provided by @Triguy about rewards.

No one has decoded how community rewards are calculated yet. Be ready to get pleasantly surprised on your next renewal with a reward if you regularly participate with helpful hints.

Relatively, the fastest rewards you can get is from referring friends or family members to PM with your referral code which you'll find in your self-serve portal. However, I myself will only refer those who I know are ready for online-only support.

Have a pleasant experience with PM. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Kdhillon wrote:

Hello friends 

Really enjoying public mobile.👍

How exactly I earn points? 

@Kdhillon  Click here for more information.

None of us know the exact formula.

You will receive notification or you can check the rewards section on selfserve.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Kdhillon Usually around the 8th of each month they will credit your account (if you have earned them) with community rewards. I received $2 for last months contributions and last month I received $2 for contributions from the month before. Prior to that I didn't receive anything. I don't spend a whole lot of time at this but I will help out and answer questions if I happen across them first. If you hover over my name you will see how many posts etc I have made since I joined last summer.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/rewards-faqs

Spend sometime reading over past posts and solutions.  You could earn a community award by participating in the community forum with posts and solutions.

Kdhillon

@Staliger thank you. 

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kdhillon It’s a secret, though if you figure it out let me know! When I say secret I am talking about how they figure out who gets what.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Kdhillon You need to be active on this forum and help people with their issues, give advice, etc. In short, provide value to others and you will be rewarded😉

Need Help? Let's chat.