cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Payment Gone Wrong!

Kriz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

i was supposed to make an amount due into my account on July 26th. This would have renewed my account for the next one month into August.

This morning, i just decided to make the payment instead of waiting till the due date since i had some cash now. Instead of rolling my account into August, it showed me that i top-up my account by $30 i paid and still shows me that my account payment date is July 26th.

What do i do because, i actually made the payment against August.

How do i correct this or cancel the payment till my actual due date?

Thanks,

11 REPLIES 11

@GinYVR wrote:
Kriz If you put $40 into your account.. you get $40 credit.. the taxes are calculated when you pay. The sales tax depends on where you are located.

Minor point fyi: tax is based on the phone number's locale not your physical location.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

1vk

In Ontario $40 plus 13%

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@Kriz If you put $40 into your account.. you get $40 credit.. the taxes are calculated when you pay. The sales tax depends on where you are located.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Kriz  hi when you buy your voucher or pay with your cc the tax will be applied then

Kriz

Thanks for the response. For a plan of $40 a month? what is the sales tax? how much am i supposed to make available in my account?

@selva1 sales taxes are payed when you purchase the voucher or pay with a credit card

selva1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As others said it is a good idea to add funds early but make sure that you have the correct amount including sales taxes.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Kriz , to be clear what you did is termed an account top up which is essentially earmarking funds for a future payment.  In fact you don't want to make the payment right now.  Doing so would result in an immediate renewal which would cancel any remaining service in the current cycle.  All is good. Continue to do what you are doing for assurance of no service interruptions.  Even better would be to enable auto pay which practically guarantee a trouble free renewal plus earning rewards in the process. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Kriz hi it sounds to me like you just put the money in your account the renew date is still the 26th  does it say in your account you have 30 dollars? it will come out on the 26th

@ChuckYeah wrote:

If I uderstand you correctly, your are just fine. The money is in the account and it will be automatically used to pay your plan on the due date. No concerns.

Alot of people recommend you do it this way. It's way better than leaving it until the last minute and forgetting.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

If I understand you correctly, your are just fine. The money is in the account and it will be automatically used to pay your plan on the due date. No concerns.

Need Help? Let's chat.