cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicated #

Yaru
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hello PM,

My Friends are texting me and some one else is replaying saying the number is for them. I am not getting the text messages from most of my Friends. I will say there is a duplicate number or what is going on, can other companies use the same  number or what is going on.

•  
11 REPLIES 11

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Maybe they saved your number and the other number under the same contact with the same or similar name. maybe it was sent as an iMessage vs regular text. Cloning a SIM would allow you to have the same number as someone else but that’s highly unlikely. If what your saying is true, your entitled to a lot of money as they breached your privacy rights.

Yaru

ik this but why should i change the # i got this # First and the other customer is keep telling my friends she just got this new # 2 weeks ago, so i will say she is the one that is supposed to change the #.

Yaru

i am not sure if the other customer is using PM or other Companies, but she is receiving text msgs from my Friends and keep informing everyone she just got this # two weeks ago and she is the owner of this # which is weird.

@Helpershelper wrote:

Each SIM card is assigned a phone number so it’s impossible to have 2 phone numbers on a SIM. It’s possible that the other number was spoofed to look like yours, it’s quite common.

That's not the problem. @Yaru  sad that messages for him are going to that same person too. That means that the Public Mobile gave the numer to 2 different people by accident.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Each SIM card is assigned a phone number so it’s impossible to have 2 phone numbers on a SIM. It’s possible that the other number was spoofed to look like yours, it’s quite common.

@Yaru wrote:

I contacted the PM through private message and i am waiting for the response.

There's really no need to conact the moderators. Your account is the one that has duplicated the number. All you have to do is proceed with a phone number change.

Yaru

I contacted the PM through private message and i am waiting for the response.

@Yaru wrote:

Yes i did and i never expect PM will give me a duplicated # because i went to a store and activated this #, i have texted PM am just waiting for a confirmation if its duplicated or not.

@Yaru 

This glitch is rare, but it does happen with other providers as well.

If you already know the number is in use, you can resolve this by changing your phone number.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/change-your-phone-number

BTW to contact PM Moderators, one must create and submit a ticket

or by sending a private message to moderator_team.

PM Moderators cannot be contacted by phone or texting.

Yaru

Yes i did and i never expect PM will give me a duplicated # because i went to a store and activated this #, i have texted PM am just waiting for a confirmation if its duplicated or not.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

To change your phone number: sign in to Self-Serve, select ‘Change Number' under 'My Profile' on the Overview page. Here, you can choose to select a new phone number or to transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Yaru 

Did you recently activate with a new phone number?

It is possible there was a glitch and you were assigned a number that is already in use.

To fix this, please logon your self-serve account and choose a new phone number.

Need Help? Let's chat.