cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping calls

Tonitee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm in the hamilton area of Ontario,  I am experiencing a large amount of dropped calls , how do I fix this issue? 

9 REPLIES 9

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make sure your phone is up to date by going to settings > general > software update. You can always try putting the phone in airplane mode for 10 seconds then switch it back to regular. Removing and reinserting your SIM card can also help.

Tonitee

Will try all of this today! Thanks 

Tonitee

Thank you, will try that 

Tonitee

Thanks just started happening, will try some of the suggestions I got to see if it helps 

are the dropped calls just happen tonight or lately?  you have been in the same area and signal has been stabled before till now?

I just checked the Telus service status, no issue at the moment.

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I’m presuming you mean in the middle of a phone call? I was having issues of calls going directly to VM without any notification at all, forcing my phone to 3G has fixed this issue completely. I’d suggest that for your issue as well 

@Tonitee 

Toggling airplane mode on/off gives you a brand new connection to the network. If that does not help try forcing your phone into 3G so it doesn't have to switch from 4G LTE network to the 3G network. Or you could just have a poor connection/signal to the 3G network due to maintenance on your local cell tower?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Tonitee , can you keep a close watch on the signal strength of the connection when making phone calls.  The thing that comes to mind first is poor signal strength.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Tonitee wrote:

I'm in the hamilton area of Ontario,  I am experiencing a large amount of dropped calls , how do I fix this issue? 

@Tonitee ,

Please explain more details:

Are you new, did you just activate?

Did this all of a sudden happen without issues prior?

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

* reset network settings

Try your SIM into another compatible phone and see if the issue is the same.

Need Help? Let's chat.