cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped calls

Rosslyn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have just signed up with public mobile, and I made a call to my parents who live in another province in Canada. I was approaching 1 hour of talk time, 58 minutes to be exact, and our call was dropped. How rude! I understand if if calls have to be limited, but 58 minutes? There wasn't even a warning that the call was going to be disconnected. I hope someone at public mobile can reply and explain this. 

4 REPLIES 4

@will13am wrote:

@Rosslyn , this seems to be a common thing to the point that I think it's programmed into the system to prevent errant calls from staying connected continuously.  The disconnects used to happen around the two hour mark and now it's one hour. 

If that's true then I have a major complaint. I've had it happen 5 times in the last week while on hold with my credit card companies trying to cancel my stolen cards and on hold to the credit reporting agencies trying to put a fraud alert on my file. Very inconvenient and exceptionally frustrating under the circumstances.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Rosslyn , this seems to be a common thing to the point that I think it's programmed into the system to prevent errant calls from staying connected continuously.  The disconnects used to happen around the two hour mark and now it's one hour. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Rosslyn wrote:

I have just signed up with public mobile, and I made a call to my parents who live in another province in Canada. I was approaching 1 hour of talk time, 58 minutes to be exact, and our call was dropped. How rude! I understand if if calls have to be limited, but 58 minutes? There wasn't even a warning that the call was going to be disconnected. I hope someone at public mobile can reply and explain this. 

It's not a common complaint. If it happens often, get ahold of the moderators for their consideration. Click the question mark in lower right hand corner.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Rosslyn psf.JPG

Need Help? Let's chat.