Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped calls driving me bananas!

northernbcguy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

- Have iPhone 7 plus with latest software

- Switched from Telus to Public 1 mo ago

- Have reset network settings multiple times

Since switching, my calls drop ALL THE TIME with public mobile, with seemingly no rhyme or reason! Sometimes the calls last an hour, other times only a minute or two before dropping. I was on a call with a key client 2 weeks ago and it dropped so much I had to use my kid's phone, super embarrassing. It didn't do this with the Telus SIM, ever. Same cell tower. HELP!

18 REPLIES 18

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I feel for those who are having these issues. I hope I'm never in that boat!

@northernbcguy wrote:

OP here, Thanks everyone for the replies. My wife's and kid's phone is also dropping calls 😞 😞

Contact the moderator team to have the accounts checked out.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

northernbcguy

Also, I should mention that I paid for USA roaming when i was down there, and it even dropped while on AT&T towers!! 

northernbcguy

OP here, Thanks everyone for the replies. My wife's and kid's phone is also dropping calls 😞 😞

@sheytoon wrote:

@will13am the only part of the conspiracy theory I can see happening is experimentation of new features by the core team. Maybe they are allowed to try things out on PM customers first. If it breaks their service, oh well... Let's make sure we fix it before we deploy this to Telus subscribers 🤣

It could be.  Tests on live humans is better than cadavers.  Living with all sorts of long standing problems is no laughing matter.  Personally I am not really impacted.  If I were, I would complain to the CCTS/CRTC that Public Mobile is living with known problems to the detriment of their customers.  

@will13am the only part of the conspiracy theory I can see happening is experimentation of new features by the core team. Maybe they are allowed to try things out on PM customers first. If it breaks their service, oh well... Let's make sure we fix it before we deploy this to Telus subscribers 🤣

@sheytoon wrote:

Somebody from Telus should be fired for this debacle.

I can't believe it's still not fixed!

If just one person was fired for each long standing problem with the Public Mobile service, the building would be empty.  I sometimes wonder if living with long standing problems is a design feature of the service.  The conspiracy theory is that it promotes migration up the food chain.  

@bridonca it's not a tower issue. It appears to be a core issue.

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@bridonca wrote:

A quick and dirty fix is to set the phone to do 3G only, and see what happens.  Let me know if it works

When you are in a call, you are already forced to the HSPA+ network for the duration of the call.  I had a dropped call a couple of days ago and I already had LTE connections disabled.

I do not know what the actual problem is, but I also have Fido data, and it uses the Bell towers with extended coverage.   When using LTE, it goes wonky switch from Fido LTE/3G to Bell LTE/3G, and when it bounces enough, I lose the data connection, and have to reset my data device.  My fix was to keep it on 3G all the time.

I guess another question I have to ask, is if this problem only on Bell towers in the east, or is it also a problem with Telus towers in the west?

Somebody from Telus should be fired for this debacle.

I can't believe it's still not fixed!

@bridonca wrote:

A quick and dirty fix is to set the phone to do 3G only, and see what happens.  Let me know if it works

When you are in a call, you are already forced to the HSPA+ network for the duration of the call.  I had a dropped call a couple of days ago and I already had LTE connections disabled.

@bridonca wrote:

Worthwhile experiment, but did'nt work for me. Robot Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ipkonfig wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@northernbcguy wrote:

Since switching, my calls drop ALL THE TIME with public mobile, with seemingly no rhyme or reason! Sometimes the calls last an hour, other times only a minute or two before dropping. I was on a call with a key client 2 weeks ago and it dropped so much I had to use my kid's phone, super embarrassing. It didn't do this with the Telus SIM, ever. Same cell tower. HELP!

@northernbcguy  Please note that even though PM uses the Telus network it's not the same service as Telus because Telus uses Voice over LTE and PM uses 3g for voice calls. Telus is a Tier 1 provider and maybe a better choice for business purposes.

But doesn't PM actually use LTE that has been throttled down to 3g speeds?

@ipkonfig  Yes they do but that is only for data.

ipkonfig

@geopublic wrote:

@northernbcguy wrote:

@northernbcguy  Please note that even though PM uses the Telus network it's not the same service as Telus because Telus uses Voice over LTE and PM uses 3g for voice calls. Telus is a Tier 1 provider and maybe a better choice for business purposes.

But doesn't PM actually use LTE that has been throttled down to 3g speeds?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@northernbcguy wrote:

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@northernbcguy wrote:

It happens with some accounts...Smiley Frustrated you need to reach the moderator here...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and they will help you with this problem . Be patient usually the waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.