cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Download speeds on LTE on PM network in GTA.

@imm1304 Yeah, apparently the Community forums do like the way I am used to embedding pictures.  Fixed!  And thanks.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What part of the GTA are you in?

Highlighted

Im getting 38 -55 mb down and 2up in Newmarket.

Highlighted

@floorit When I was at the Hilton Mississauga/Meadowvale I was pretty consistently between 145 Mbps and 155 Mbps and I also see similar speeds at Union.  I do not usually go around testing speeds, but any time my coverage shows as full on my phone the speed is similar.

I don't know if it matters for pure speed, but I am also using a factory unlocked LG Nexus 5x.

38 - 55 Mbps is plenty fast for you to basically have no slowdown outside of downloading apps or streaming high quality video.

Highlighted

Thanks everyone for their reply. You have all been so helpful. I just need to wait for a promotion again so I can switch.

Highlighted
Oracle

People coming over from freedom should be concerned about latency more so than speed.  With freedom the problem was the network was so congested that latency can be measured with a calendar, lol.  Personally since coming over from wind last year, my fastest speed test was around 50 mbits/s.  The latency has been excellent everywhere and so data feels like it's 10000 faster than with wind.  

Highlighted

15m down and 10mb up with oneplue in mississauga
Highlighted

Keep in mind that probably varies on your current coverage. I doubt you would only get 10 Mbps if you had full coverage.
When my phone has 3 bars, I get about 15 Mbps, when I walk to the other room and have fours bars I get 60 Mbps. When I drive east a bit and get a Max five bars, I see around 150 Mbps.
Highlighted

@Wafik wrote:
Keep in mind that probably varies on your current coverage. I doubt you would only get 10 Mbps if you had full coverage.
When my phone has 3 bars, I get about 15 Mbps, when I walk to the other room and have fours bars I get 60 Mbps. When I drive east a bit and get a Max five bars, I see around 150 Mbps.

It depends what band you're on too... 2-3 'bars' of band 7 is likely a lot better than 5 of band 17

Need Help? Let's chat.