cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does public mobile work in the U.S?

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am going on vacation and want to know if I will be able to use the phone while in New York State.

5 REPLIES 5

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^Premium Brand always get most things first then if they deside later (way later) they give it to the Flanker Brands and PM is not even considered a Flanker Brand because most people don't even know PM exists. The Few People that do know are mostly in Ontario &Quebec, so its highly unlikely we will see it on PM. Don't get me wrong it would love to see and hopefully it will be chapter then Winds .20c a Minute because I regularly travel to the US as I live in a Border City but I know it will not happen before Telus Prepaid

Perhaps. But We can only Hope. 

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^@makkahn28, I know you brought this up the coffee meeting and you regularly keep saying they are considering it but let me tell you something Telus has more Prepaid Clients then Public Mobile and they don't offer US Roaming. Public Mobile will Not get US Roaming before Telus Prepaid. I can almost guarantee you this

Hi. For the Moment, PM doesn't have Roaming. Yes, You need to have phone unlocked and yes need to buy a US Sim. I was at that Thing with PM team, and They mentioned that its something they are discussing, not ruled out entirely, something perhaps for later on after all the pressing issues have been ironed out. The more PM sees this, the better they may consider. This is just the start

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Hi no as they do not offer roaming at all. If you have an unlocked phone you can give www.roammobility.com a try. The Sims are like $9.99 and you can get talk/text for like $2-$3 a day.
Need Help? Let's chat.