cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does changing plans affect rewards? -- is changing plans worth it?

bradley_b
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been on a $135 for 3 months plan with 6GB of data.

So, per month, that is:

$45 bucks with 2GB per month. Pretty darn good.

With the rewards,

Loyalty and Autopay : $3/month and $2/month

It drops to $40 per month, plus any other rewards I may receive.

I have been thinking about switching plans but the price is about the same with maybe a bit more data. But if I lose the reward system then it become more expensive!

So, are the rewards included in the new plans? How do rewards differ, if at all?

And the big question... is it worth switching plans?

Thanks for any answers and advice!

9 REPLIES 9

@Staliger To be pedantic, perhaps even nit picky, pioneer plans are not eligible for rewards, so if a pioneer changes to a current plan their rewards increase! https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@bradley_b wrote:

So, per month, that is:

With the rewards,

I have been thinking about switching plans but the price is about the same with maybe a bit more data. But if I lose the reward system then it become more expensive!

So, are the rewards included in the new plans? How do rewards differ, if at all?

I definitely will not lose your rewards. If you start a new account then yes. That would be the worst if you lost your rewards every time you changed your plan. 

Keep safe and have a great day!

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Your rewards are tied to your account and you can collect them as long as you are on reward eligible plan. At this point all the offered plans are eligible for rewards.

So if you switch to 40 plan you will be paying$5 less and getting more data

Nothing to lose (except potentially full LTE speed)

bradley_b
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for all the info and advice!

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@bradley_b Hi it looks to me like the $40 plan would be way better for you you’ll get a ton more data and you will still be able to keep all your rewards and only difference for you and you’ll be on a 30 day cycle instead of an 90 day cycle I would go for it for sure

@bradley_b wrote:

So, per month, that is:

With the rewards,

If you make an immediate plan change, not only would you lose anything already paid for the current plan, some of the time the rewards do not get paid out. So while the rewards taht you're eligible for won't change, they may not get automatically applied for that billing cycle.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@bradley_b  the rewards mentioned will follow the account, not the plan. It's recommended that you switch on the next renewal date. Heres an article on switching plans 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

20200416_143943.jpg

Stay safe 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@bradley_b No, rewards are connected to your account, not your plan. You can switch to new plans and remain your rewards. Only if you signed during some promo, like having 5-10$ off for several months of service, then by changing plan, you will lose this promo, but not the rewards.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@bradley_b wrote:

So, per month, that is:

With the rewards,

@bradley_b  Rewards are associated with your account and not your plan. So you can change plans without affecting your rewards or the amount as they remain the same. The only difference is that they will be applied every 30 days as opposed to every 90 days because all current Public plans are 30 days in duration.

Hope this helps!

Need Help? Let's chat.