cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how to change cellular IP location?

Jonah_alvarez
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am unable to access certain sites because my my phone thinks I'm in Montreal as that's where Telus is based I guess, but some stores don't operate in Quebec and I can't do anything to change that, it's incredibly frustrating. Does anyone know I can change my actual IP address to Ontario where I actually live and spend my time?

6 REPLIES 6

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Jonah_alvarez wrote:

I am unable to access certain sites because my my phone thinks I'm in Montreal as that's where Telus is based I guess, but some stores don't operate in Quebec and I can't do anything to change that, it's incredibly frustrating. Does anyone know I can change my actual IP address to Ontario where I actually live and spend my time?

If you disconnect your mobile data temporarily and then reconnect, you might get a different IP address.  That new IP address could be associated as being in a different place.

For me, it always resolves back to Telus Montreal (in Atlantic Canada). 

@Jonah_alvarez wrote:

If you disconnect your mobile data temporarily and then reconnect, you might get a different IP address.  That new IP address could be associated as being in a different place.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jonah_alvarez wrote:

@Jonah_alvarez  IPs are controlled by the provider and not the account holder. What if you turn on location on your device and allow the browser to access you location? Let us know if that works.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jonah_alvarez wrote:

Others have suggested VPN, but does this issue happen from your mobile data connection or when you're on WiFi? 

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jonah_alvarez wrote:

Use a VPN like wind scribe or betternet

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jonah_alvarez wrote:

Use a VPN. Same as with any other internet device.

I use Ivacy. There are MANY others.

Need Help? Let's chat.