cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone here have more refer a friend rewards than your PM bill?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

If so, what happens to the excess funds? What can you use it for here?

19 REPLIES 19

Thanks to all that answered.  I think that I have learned all that I can from this post. @Anonymous answer was accepted as the solution for the volume of effort put into the thread.

So, based upon the previous answers the excess refer a friend rewards stay in your account and you can use them to buy add ons or upgrade your account. You may be allowed , depending upon the moderator, to move some of the funds over to a new account and that this particular reward may change at anytime. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@totalUser wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@totalUser wrote:

I don't but one of the bills that I'm managing did have it. She asked me to upgrade her plan, she said she doesn't want public mobile to ask for money back. I doubt that they would, she got the difference as balance. Then she told me she didn't want public mobile to lose money if everyone started doing that we'll lose the sweet deal. so I upgraded her to the plan she doesn't need. She did refer lots of people though, probably two times more than the credit she's receiving, they usually forget to put it in and since they introduced the codes I believe she remembered only couple of times. I'm not that good at convincing I guess.

But yes you will get the credit, you are not supposed to, it's probably one of those things they didn't get to, but I believe they will fix it eventually

What do you mean "ask for money back"?

What do you mean "got the difference as balance"?

As for "credits", yes, officially, rewards are only supposed to cover ones plan cost. But credits like the $10 referral or promo (and $5) or $20 referral or $25 referral or $2 initial autopay would have to be able to accumulate/be excess.

I think they just let whatever accumulate in Available Funds however it got there...rewards or credits.

That's exactly what she said, since it's stated that she can receive only up to her plan amount and the difference (excess) was placed on her balance, she's afraid that if it gets applied against her new larger plan they will review it later and ask to pay it back since she's not entitled to it. 

Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months.

Yup. That's the official line. I've not heard of anybody saying their rewards were capped. Many people have more than sufficient balance that well covers their plan costs.

@Anonymous wrote:

@totalUser wrote:

I don't but one of the bills that I'm managing did have it. She asked me to upgrade her plan, she said she doesn't want public mobile to ask for money back. I doubt that they would, she got the difference as balance. Then she told me she didn't want public mobile to lose money if everyone started doing that we'll lose the sweet deal. so I upgraded her to the plan she doesn't need. She did refer lots of people though, probably two times more than the credit she's receiving, they usually forget to put it in and since they introduced the codes I believe she remembered only couple of times. I'm not that good at convincing I guess.

But yes you will get the credit, you are not supposed to, it's probably one of those things they didn't get to, but I believe they will fix it eventually

As for "credits", yes, officially, rewards are only supposed to cover ones plan cost. But credits like the $10 referral or promo (and $5) or $20 referral or $25 referral or $2 initial autopay would have to be able to accumulate/be excess.

I think they just let whatever accumulate in Available Funds however it got there...rewards or credits.

That's exactly what she said, since it's stated that she can receive only up to her plan amount and the difference (excess) was placed on her balance, she's afraid that if it gets applied against her new larger plan they will review it later and ask to pay it back since she's not entitled to it. 

Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kselmak wrote:

@Anonymous is it actually possible to move this funds to another account? I collected some and wanted to move it to a family member account, but mod told me no. Should I open another ticket you think?

As above...rumours. Check your pm.

@Anonymous wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

Add-ons yes but you could also upgrade your plan using those funds. Basically, any purchases and deposits go in and out of Available Funds.

I've read rumours of people asking the mods to move Available Funds to other accounts. But you won't see those funds become real money.

There was a customer a little while ago ranting about that he should be able to get it out as real money. Don't know what came of it.

It's rather foolish of anyone to deposit excess real money into their account. But I guess some do so they don't have to worry about autopay.

@Anonymous is it actually possible to move this funds to another account? I collected some and wanted to move it to a family member account, but mod told me no. Should I open another ticket you think?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@gblackma The best solution, if you are close to free on your account and still willing to find referrals, would be to begin giving out one of your family's codes. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Gwenel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good to know. 

@gblackma wrote:

Depending on how much excess you have, you may want to just leave them. Rewards for refer-a-friend and Community can change.  For a future renewal, there may not be enough rewards to cover the full plan cost.

Gwenel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the solid explanation. I am new at this. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LovesToPM wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

The $1 referral credit every 30 days is not transferable. It stays on your account as long as both sides/parties keep their accounts active.

You could say that for all the rewards. But at renewal they all get converted to Available Funds.

The point is: We may be able to ask Moderators to transfer funds but the on-going rewards are not transferable.

...before they're converted to Available Funds...agreed. 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

The $1 referral credit every 30 days is not transferable. It stays on your account as long as both sides/parties keep their accounts active.

You could say that for all the rewards. But at renewal they all get converted to Available Funds.

The point is: We may be able to ask Moderators to transfer funds but the on-going rewards are not transferable.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LovesToPM wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@totalUser wrote:

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@gblackma wrote:

Any surplus credits earned will remain on your account for future use.

The funds are there to pay for your plan (upgrade if needed) or to purchase add-ons.

AFAIK, you can ask Moderators to transfer some of your available funds to another PM account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gblackma wrote:

Add-ons yes but you could also upgrade your plan using those funds. Basically, any purchases and deposits go in and out of Available Funds.

I've read rumours of people asking the mods to move Available Funds to other accounts. But you won't see those funds become real money.

There was a customer a little while ago ranting about that he should be able to get it out as real money. Don't know what came of it.

It's rather foolish of anyone to deposit excess real money into their account. But I guess some do so they don't have to worry about autopay.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@gblackma wrote:

Just buy addons. Nothing else.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@gblackma they stay in your available funds but you can't cash them out or anything. You can use them to buy add ons! 

Need Help? Let's chat.