cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have service issues when calling 1-800 #'s?

trgtrg2020
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Most of the time whenever I call 1-800 outgoing call the other end has trouble hearing me. 3 additional PM users in the family have the same issue. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Never had such problem with Koodo or even Freedom was a lot better.

14 REPLIES 14

dubba91
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I always find I need to use an earbud headset. But, it could be my hearing.

dubba91

How do I submit a ticket?

@dubba91- Do you have your call display set on so that others see your number? I had something like that calling some numbers and it turned out that hiding the number made the call fail. I unhid and the call worked.

dubba91

I have a very similar problem. I needed to call BMO. None of their 800#s were working for me. I'd even get recordings saying that the number I had called was out of service and that I should try calling the new number which was the same number I had called. (!!) I was able to find the number to call as if I were calloing from outside Canada (a 514 local number) and it went through. I tried calling the 800# on my voip system and they worked. So, it appears the problem is with PM. Does anyone know a fix for this?

trgtrg2020

Hopefully VoLTE will come eventually but could take a while. I’m on the PM $60 travel plan that includes US Roaming.

Its the same as the current 50 plan if you just were to add US Roaming with 2GB data.

If Freedom ever matches my PM plan I’d be tempted to switch. Although good chance Freedom will never have a plan like this for the same price range they want to sell their new Canada/US plans for almost $100/m. 

@trgtrg2020 wind is freedom network. goto the Telus coverage map and disable LTE 4g and that is our talk coverage. 

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/mobility/network/coverage-map

I think we need some volte action! but until Koodo prepaid and others implement this. I don't see it coming to public

trgtrg2020

Back in 2015 when I joined Wind Mobile they were using 3G for calling and never had an issue.

@trgtrg2020  Not sure why that would be since you mentioned that dialing with Koodo does not give you a problem. The only difference between Public and Koodo is that Public uses 3G for calls and Koodo uses 3G and VoLTE (voice over LTE) so maybe that has something to do with it.

trgtrg2020

I've tried everything. Everything works its just issues when dialing 1-800 #'s. It's not a constant problem but happens a lot. Never experienced these problems when I was living in Lake Louise Alberta. 

Now where I live in Aurora, Ontario service sucks. I get this feeling that the Bell tower has an issue or Bell gives first priority to their customers first. Not really sure.

trgtrg2020

I submitted many tickets to PM and they weren't able to determine the reason for the issues. I've replaced my SIM card, tried using a different iPhone + 3 other family members with PM still experience it. PM told me they can't determine anything about the tower because its a Bell Tower. No Telus towers in my area.

@trgtrg2020 so everthing works properly? Making/ receive/ send calls and texts. Excluding some 1800 numbers. Where are the ones that you are having probkems trying to call located? Some US 1800 numbers are local to the country. And if Canadian, you have Canada wide calling. Try calling the local number with a 1 in front of it.  

Are the area codes of your phone numbers relatively new? Thanks.

trgtrg2020

No, its not a specific 1-800 #. It happens when I would be both inside and outside the home. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@trgtrg2020 is it a specific 1800 number or area within the home that you are having problems calling from? Thanks. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@trgtrg2020  If that's the case you should submit a ticket to PM include the 1-800 number that you are having issues with and ask them to investigate. I have called toll free numbers without any issues so maybe it's the specific number that has the issues.

Need Help? Let's chat.