cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Fongo work with speakerphone?

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I was discussing changing plans to PM with a relative the other day, we concluded that the best option for what he wanted to do was to go data only and use Fongo for text and the occasional phone call. We wanted to test out if this was going to work for him before switching, so we went ahead and installed Fongo on his phone (Blackberry Q10), but when we did a test call we ran into an issue in that he could not hear me as he was trying to use speakerphone (he uses speakerphone for calls as the phone no longer works in non-speakerphone mode, older phone and not worth getting fixed). I could hear him fine.

So the question is for Fongo users, are you able to use speakerphone with Fongo? Is there maybe a setting that he needs to change to get speakerphone to work?

4 REPLIES 4

On the link about speaker phone I believe there is a typo: the line "This feature will only be enabled when Bluetooth is now available for the call" should read "This feature will only be enabled when Bluetooth is not available for the call.".

As I understand it the company that owns Fongo has 3 products:

- Freephone line for PC's

- Fongo for cell phones/tablets

- Home phone to replace landlines

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

JaK

BTW, does anyone know the difference between Fongo and Freephoneline (which is "powered by Fongo")? Which is better? Or are they virtually the same?

JaK

Thanks for the link @Luddite, but I don't think it addresses what I am looking for, the link appears to be about using a bluetooth connected external speakerphone, what I am interested in is simply using the phone itself in speakerphone mode instead of handset mode (which should be simpler still). Anyway, will play around with it for a bit, see if I can get it to work.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Yes it will; here's the link showing how: https://support.fongo.com/entries/82036165-Automatic-Speaker-Source-Fongo-3-7-3-for-iOS-Fongo-3-7-4-...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.