cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do the mods contact us when we aren't on the site?

Randene
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

*Finished!* *Solved*

Hi everyone,

I have recently signed up for Public Mobile and following the suggestions that I've see on the boards (Thank you all from a lurker who doesn't know what to do yet) I set up my new Public Mobile SIM card, got a new plan, and a new number this morning. I made a long distance call and it worked fine. My account from my old phone is still active, I have a ticket in with the Mods to have my phone number ported over from Rogers (From what I understand that ends my dealings with Rogers full stop?).  I have to be on call for work so I still have my Roger's SIM in until the transfer can start.  Do they text the PM SIM number when they have messaged you? Or does it even matter what SIM is in and I just have to periodically log in and look to see if I have been messaged?

Thank you for all your help, be safe

6 REPLIES 6

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Randene wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have recently signed up for Public Mobile and following the suggestions that I've see on the boards (Thank you all from a lurker who doesn't know what to do yet) I set up my new Public Mobile SIM card, got a new plan, and a new number this morning. I made a long distance call and it worked fine. My account from my old phone is still active, I have a ticket in with the Mods to have my phone number ported over from Rogers (From what I understand that ends my dealings with Rogers full stop?). 

@Randene  That is correct, once the port is 100% complete your Roger's account will be closed.

I have to be on call for work so I still have my Roger's SIM in until the transfer can start.  Do they text the PM SIM number when they have messaged you? Or does it even matter what SIM is in and I just have to periodically log in and look to see if I have been messaged?

The moderator team will respond to your request via a private message in your private message inbox.

env.PNG

You will also receive an email that they have responded. For ports, once your Roger's card sim stop working your will receive a response shortly after that.

Randene
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you! That's a huge relief

Welcome to PM @Randene . I just sent you a test private message. Check your email associated with you community login. If you get it, then any moderator private messages will come into your email. You will then have 24 hours to respond or the ticket/ request will be closed. If it doesn't then you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Stay safe.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Randene , it could take up to 48 hours for the moderators to get to your ticket.  The response time is likely to be a lot shorter than that, depending on workload.  After that, it will take up to 4 hours for the number port to complete.  After that, the Rogers line will automatically close.  If having phone service is essential, keep the Public Mobile SIM card handy.  Once the Rogers SIM goes dead, the Public Mobile SIM will be operating with the ported number.  Welcome to Public Mobile.  

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Randene the mods will contact you via private message (envelope top right corner) to confirm your porting request. yes your Rogers account will be cancelled automatically. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Randene wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have recently signed up for Public Mobile and following the suggestions that I've see on the boards (Thank you all from a lurker who doesn't know what to do yet) I set up my new Public Mobile SIM card, got a new plan, and a new number this morning. I made a long distance call and it worked fine. My account from my old phone is still active, I have a ticket in with the Mods to have my phone number ported over from Rogers (From what I understand that ends my dealings with Rogers full stop?).  I have to be on call for work so I still have my Roger's SIM in until the transfer can start.  Do they text the PM SIM number when they have messaged you? Or does it even matter what SIM is in and I just have to periodically log in and look to see if I have been messaged?

You should continue to use your Rogers SIM card until it stops working which indicates that Rogers had release your number to PM.  Start using PM SIM card and enjoy your saving.

You don't need your PM SIM card on your phone.  You should check your private message on the community forum just in case Moderator need to contact you.

Welcome to PM

Have a better and better day.

Need Help? Let's chat.