cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty with call and data today 31.08.2019

Eagle19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have had extreme difficulty today with making calls and my data isn't turning on despite restarting my phone multiply times. Who else is experiencing this in Calgary? Got stranded today because the data wont come on.  Seriously considering moving to another phone company. This is unacceptable.

11 REPLIES 11

rogerrong

The same as me, I live near Don Mills and McNicoll Ave. at Toronto.

Colt132
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My wifes phone isnt working either. Northern Alberta as of yesterday. Only thing that works is wifi. Hope they fix it.

@Eagle19Just want to be clear.. the people who had responded to you in this thread are NOT moderators.. they are normal Public Mobile users just you like you and I.

To contact the moderators you need to use this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

and their response time can be up to 48 hours.

@Jonaldc wrote:

Hello Eagle19,

You may have to change your mobile network "Access Point Names" to Public Mobile.

For Android:

Options>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names>Add

Then fill out the following information exactly

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com 
Proxy: Leave blank 
Port: Leave blank 
Username: Leave blank 
Password: Leave blank 
Server: Leave blank 
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc 
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18 
MMS port: 80 
MCC: 302 
MNC: 220 
Authentication type: Leave blank 
APN type: Leave blank 

For Iphone:

Settings>Cellular>Cellular Data Network

APN (Cellular Data): sp.mb.com

APN (Visual Voicemail): Leave blank 

APN (MMS): sp.mb.com

MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18:80
APN (Internet Tethering): isp.mb.com

Hope this helps!

APN settings have nothing to do with phone calls.  Also, as @Anonymous was saying, if data was working before today, changing around the settings is probably isn't going to do anything.  Setttings don't just change by themselves.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Eagle19 wrote:

Thanks for being honest. These moderators trying to make it look like I am making things up. I use the latest Samsung galaxy. It is set to choose 2G/3G/4G. I have not had this issue before? So why should I be changing access point? 

Can you try the SIM in another phone? That would help narrow down service issue vs phone issue.

If your data was fine before this problem then no you shouldn't need to fiddle with the APN.

Maybe also try cleaning the SIM with some isopropyl alcohol.

Has the phone dropped maybe dislodging the SIM from the proper position?

Eagle19

Thanks for being honest. These moderators trying to make it look like I am making things up. I use the latest Samsung galaxy. It is set to choose 2G/3G/4G. I have not had this issue before? So why should I be changing access point? 

Jonaldc

Hello Eagle19,

You may have to change your mobile network "Access Point Names" to Public Mobile.

For Android:

Options>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names>Add

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com 
Proxy: Leave blank 
Port: Leave blank 
Server: Leave blank 
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18 
MMS port: 80 
MCC: 302 
MNC: 220 
Authentication type: Leave blank 
APN type: Leave blank 

For Iphone:

Settings>Cellular>Cellular Data Network

APN (Cellular Data): sp.mb.com

APN (Visual Voicemail): Leave blank 

APN (MMS): sp.mb.com

MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18:80
APN (Internet Tethering): isp.mb.com

Hope this helps!

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Eagle19 wrote:

I have had extreme difficulty today with making calls and my data isn't turning on despite restarting my phone multiply times. Who else is experiencing this in Calgary? Got stranded today because the data wont come on.  Seriously considering moving to another phone company. This is unacceptable.

I've been having this issue for about two months now in Northern Ontario. A Bell tower is about 1-2 km away without any obstructions. There are two other Bell towers within 3 or so KM of me so I should have good coverage. After a week or so with a very nice mod, ended up with a virtual shoulder shrug and that they will have the techs look in to it. I opted to try a Lucky SIM from Dollarama just to see if it is a Telus issue, but it was about the same (regardless of the phone used). Thinking that tower just hates me. For the next 2 months (I think that is the promo, I'd have to reread it) I have the basic most package from Lucky as a backup until I get my Dollarama gift card (it will let me experiment a bit). Yay for having a dual SIM phone.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Eagle19 wrote:

Just checked have over 3GB of data unused. Btw how do you explain the difficulty in calling, its showing not registered on this network.

Are you configure your phone to switch to 3G and LTE automatically?

When you are in an area which is bad for 3G , you phone with use LTE and vice versa.

Which phone are you using?

Is your phone support both 3G and LTE?

Eagle19

Just checked have over 3GB of data unused. Btw how do you explain the difficulty in calling, its showing not registered on this network.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Just to be sure you still have data left, login to your account and look under Data& Add-ons. If there is no data plan showing you've used it all.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.