cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did you hear this? Shocking

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I just read an article, Alek Krstajic, Public Mobile's founder, has been tapped as Winds new CEO, I'm deeply shocked. What's your take?

18 REPLIES 18

David
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
The original idea wasn't such a crazy one, ya know. Having the Windsor-Quebec City corridor covered in cheap-to-buy freqs no one else wanted could have worked out if given more time to mature.

And then, they were sold...

BetaKam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Congrats to Alek, without him we wouldn't have a Public Mobile today.  Even though its not as cheap as it used to be. it atleast gave Canadians some choice and competition.  Public Mobile had some challenges especially building a Network on a budget and made it very hard to recover the initial investments.  I hope Wind continues to grow and get better so Canadians will get more choice and competion.  I hope Alek can make them profitable if they are not already. 

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@Martin, Wind doesn't have zones they just poorly named there network home zone in the early days but that is no longer the case. They just have a small network.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Griff,

If you see who are lobbyists registered with the Government of Canada, Alex was a lobbyist for Public Mobile, a subsidiary of Telus.

That might be true. But Now As he heads towards them, with the Wind behind his back, That's very shocking. If I was the founder, I wouldn't abandon the post, I'd be where I belong, at the helm. That's my opinion. PM may had need some Of Telus's HSPA+4G Juice, but it needed its founder to plot a course with destiny. Sigh

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'm pretty sure Alek Krstajic has not been with Public Mobile since their acquisition by TELUS.

Also, As I learned, With Wynd's $39 plan, US roaming is, I believe 24-2600 Mins a month. How many hrs , I'm not entirely sure, but that's plenty of time to close deals, order stuff, and maybe more. That's Power Wynd can't buy unfortunately. Also, Wind having a File with CCRT? How thicks the Book? Maybe they should have it sent to business U and C for students to learn about Business ethics. Right now Wynd is not running up to maximum capacity, But PM is taking in its second and third wind. So, maybe the Future is very 

For that price, that's pretty good. Theoretically, if that Plan was reliable, and fully functional, savings every year would be pretty good, compared to others, Let's say PM did have such a plan, and you had it. Pretty certain you'd be smirking, I'd be, knowing I had the most lucrative plan in Canada, and that They couldn't pry it from My Cold Fingers. That's pretty Chic, and maybe even cheaper than, well Let me think, no carrier so far has anything similar. Like HBO, everything costs extra, which means having to part ways with $$$. 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Doesn't Wind have zones, and one of the worst CCTS complaint records?

My reaction: B-A-D!

chukdefatey
But why would you call it a Chic Plan

That's the one. That's the Chic plan, where you can almost have it all, for only $39. That's what I wish PM had, That would be the Lotto max of Plans that PPL would push PPL aside for. BTW, Is PM HSPA+4G AWS? Or something different?

chukdefatey
^What Chic $39 plan?

They had and still have a plan that includes unlimited Canada calling/Text and unlimited Data and almost unlimited US Roaming for $39

If there's one thing Wind has that I wish PM had, it would be that very Chic $39 Plan, But with a Very PM twist. That would definitely give Us, in exampled theory, the ultimate edge that PPL may go Crazy, perhaps Insanely jealous over, LOL

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi chuk,

It's called PM severance package, and Wind stock options.

I agree. But I'm concerned Wind may have the upper hand,  and now with Alek on board, PM maybe in Jeopardy

chukdefatey
You know what I found really hillirous is that he was the CEO of Publicmobile he had made a huge fuss about Wind Being owned by a Foreign Company and that they were breaking the Government Rules regarding Foreign ownership, it went as far as to the Courts and now he is the CEO of the Same Company he complained about. These guys have no Morals

Actually, that was Telus's doing, Alek had an original vision for PM, looking forward to seeing what Telus can do to elevate PM beyond its current state, with the added bonuses, features and service, giving windy a run for its money. Telus should had retained Alek Krstajic, He may have had some additional tricks up his sleeve

Martin
Legend
Legend
Wind is looking for a person with innovative ideas, and converting PM to self-serve is certainly novel.

So, it stands to reason that he would be hired.

Any truth to the rumor that the next CEO of PM will be Rob Ford, ex-mayor of Toronto?
Need Help? Let's chat.