cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did not sign up for service but received welcome email, please help @moderators

HelpPM1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I live in the states but received an activation email from publicmobile.ca. Email looks to be authentic not a phishing scam. How do I cancel or block service? How do I report fraud? I called 855-478-2542 (4 times and got hung up on) I created an account just to report this. Can someone please help. There is a number linked to email without area code. 

5 REPLIES 5

HelpPM1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I reached out to online activation assistance, they couldn't help. They are only there to answer questions in regards to activation. They suggested  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help.

Looks like best way is to PM moderators. Submitting ticket did not work, system wont let me log in. I can message but I cant log in to report issue. 

Can I suggest maybe a Report fraud section? 

To answer some of the questions, Yes email came in my name. Yes the email does have a number associated with it starting in 1000. No way someone mistyped, email uses my last name. This is intentional, this is some kind of scam. I thought it was a sim swap. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I hope you can get to the bottom of this @HelpPM1 

Here's another possibility.   Maybe another real other person accidentally used YOUR e-mail address for their activation.   If that's the case, then that other person will eventually realize the wrong e-mail address was used and they'll have to contact Public Mobile to change that.

Either way, make sure to check your payment cards to ensure no Public Mobile charges are pending and if there's been none, then it's likely an incorrect e-mail address was used or a scam you should ignore.

[EDIT:  seems the other possibility already pointed out... thanks @Anonymous  & @Dunkman !!!]

@HelpPM1 

It is possible that maybe somebody accidently used your email address with activation.  Was your credit card charged for service? Was the greeting address to your first name?

As mentioned above, you will likely need to contact moderator for help.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HelpPM1 : I would more suspect that someone typed in a wrong email address at sign-up. Sucks to be them. If you wish to be a helpful fellow human, contact the moderators (the customer service people here) and give them the email address. They can find the person it belongs to and go from there. You've done your part. Very nice.

Edit: in fact, embedded in the To: address is the account number. Starts with a 1 and then a bunch of zeros. You could give that to them too.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @HelpPM1 

I would contact Public Mobile activation group and explain the situation.

Try the live chatting option reserved for activation assistance:

Online Activation Assistance

I might also check credit cards to make sure this isn't a case of identity theft and perhaps temporarily disable cards if there are any Public Mobile charges on them.

Here's how you contact the Moderators if you need to request assistance:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click on the chat bubble in the lower right and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.