cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delays in porting number

Iminvic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am a new customer, having received and activated my sim late yesterday.  When I signed up I understood the porting process may take up to a couple of hours, but I see a lot of other posts reporting longer delays.  I'm off to a bad start with PM as  I cannot receive calls on my telephone after almost 24 hours !!  You have my money, now give me the services - PLEASE.

10 REPLIES 10

@Time wrote:

Hi Nekkidtruth,

I'm hopping on to your comment and wanted to ask - how do you start a thread?

I want to make a post explaining the issues I'm having and hoping to also get help from mods.

Thanks!

To start a post, go to the main page on the community and login. Choose the area that your question best fits (they are about halfway down the page). Then just click Ask a Question.

To contact a moderator:

Contact @Moderator_Team
It can take up to 48 hours for the team to respond to your concerns.

Time

Hi Nekkidtruth,

I'm hopping on to your comment and wanted to ask - how do you start a thread?

I want to make a post explaining the issues I'm having and hoping to also get help from mods.

Thanks!

Iminvic

Thanks very much Saray.   I tried to find the form I completed for the request to ensure it had been completed properly, but was unable to find it.  I look forward to the change over.  BTW your message crossed with an email I just sent to PM because I hadn't heard back from anyone, but hopefully the issue is now resolved.  Thanks again to everyone.

nekkidtruth
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi kebenu,

You should start your own thread. There's lots of information on the proper procedure for getting a hold of mods. Here's a few links to get you started:

Good luck!

kebenu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hate to thread jack, but I've sent messages over Facebook, to Shazia through here and on the self service site with no response.

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Iminvic

I'm really sorry about this! 

It seems that the info provided in the original port request was incorrect. But I have resubmitted the request with the Rogers account number that you sent to Shazia. It should now complete within the next 2.5 hours. 

Let me know if you need anything else 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Iminvic

Many hours!  Lucky you.  I have been waiting 2 days now, and I see others have been waiting WAY longer.  Yes, I  have tried restarting my phone as well as suggestions made by others.  Very discouraging to have paid for a service that I am not getting.  My SIM is still active with the other provider.  Thanks for your response.

david_l
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Iminvic wrote:

I am a new customer, having received and activated my sim late yesterday.  When I signed up I understood the porting process may take up to a couple of hours, but I see a lot of other posts reporting longer delays.  I'm off to a bad start with PM as  I cannot receive calls on my telephone after almost 24 hours !!  You have my money, now give me the services - PLEASE.

Did you try restarting your phone? That worked for me after waiting for many hours for the port to go through.

nekkidtruth
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi Iminvic,

Weclome to PM!

I'm sorry you're off to a bad start. There's a lot of information to input during the activation process, it's easy for there to be an issue. There is a higher than normal volume of support requests right now, so please be patient.

First thing you can do is send a private message to one of the mods following the instructions here...

I'll go ahead and tag @Shazia_K for you and hopefully this can get resolved shortly!

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Have you checked your old SIM to see if it's still active?  If so, the best thing to do is to continue using your old provider until the port completes.

Need Help? Let's chat.