cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed SMS

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I know there are several threads of delayed SMS,  just wondering if anyone recalls of a definite solution  or cause or best way to troubleshoot?

My current experience seems to messages sent from iphone to android (various carriers koodo bell, shaw).  sms seem to arrive a day or two late and all at once (three different people, sent at different times)

PM-> pm android seem to work fine.

phone has been rebooted several times.  stock messaging app.  

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

@Anonymous your right no help lol.  why is your wife on telus and not PM???  joking no need to answer

Company phone.

mimmo

@mh1983   turned off chat will see what happens.

@Helpershelper   uninstalled carrier services

@Spudster   I know its strange hence why asking.  I only realised when someone asked why i din't reply.   I turned off chat and installed textetra  

@Anonymous your right no help lol.  why is your wife on telus and not PM???  joking no need to answer

@Luddite   my time is set automitcally so is the other iphones.  going to try to find some non iiphone ppl to message me and see if it still happens

@hTideGnow all at once is that the stuck sms all arrive to my phone at once even when they were sent at different times / days/ different carriers.  they were all individual sms sent to me.

will see what happens, telling friends i chat with normally to use whatapp for the moment.

thanskfor thehelp

I made textera my default chat.

popping

There is no delay between my PM Android phone to another Android phone on Rogers network.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Might this be related to Google Chat features?

https://messages.google.com/disable-chat

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

I know there are several threads of delayed SMS,  just wondering if anyone recalls of a definite solution  or cause or best way to troubleshoot?

My current experience seems to messages sent from iphone to android (various carriers koodo bell, shaw).  sms seem to arrive a day or two late and all at once (three different people, sent at different times)

PM-> pm android seem to work fine.

phone has been rebooted several times.  stock messaging app.  

@mimmo ,

I never really noticed any issues with this before. But weirdly, since you posted this, I did notice something.

I am currently using Message for Web and receive a text message 6 minutes before it arrived on my phone. 
But my computer and my phone device is the same time of day.  🤔

*Text from Android to Android.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

sms seem to arrive a day or two late and all at once (three different people, sent at different times)

"All at once", did you meant when you send multiple sms to those people different time, somehow they will receive them all at once on the other day?

If that is the case, that seems to be an issue on the sender end.  

Did any of those Android users experiencing delay an Apple users before?

Also, are you sending them Group message or individually?  

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Only thing I remember causing SMS issues is a phone with the incorrect date/time. iPhones set up correctly automatically default to SMS for any number (including iPhone) that has no link to an Apple id.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo : Of course this is of no help but the spouse uses an iphone on Telus and my Android here and we go back and forth without delay. The spouse also uses iMessage to other iphone users.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo 

This is strange.

I have 4 persons who frequently text in/out from their iPhone to my Android and never had time-delay issues receiving their texts.

They are on 3 different networks, so it is strange this is happening for you.

Are you 100% certain it isn't related to iMessage / Chat settings being enabled (taking preference) on one or more of the devices?

I do know that I had run into that situation before with another Android user to me, and when we completely turned off Chat settings or defaults, everything flowed as expected.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I wonder if this started around November 23, 2020 when Google rolled out an update to their carrier services module of android. You can try this solution to see if it works.

Open Google Play store.

Search for Carrier Services

Tap the app when it appears in the search results.li>

On app's description page, choose Uninstall.

Need Help? Let's chat.