cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay text message received by at least 5 hours

Itsmynumber
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A week or 2 ago. A  text message sent to me at around 819am was received in the afternoon instead.  I know i didn't receive that msg untul the afternoon because i was texting another friend.

The time stamp say i received the text at 819am but in reality i recieved it in the afternoon.

Why is that?

8 REPLIES 8

Itsmynumber
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you all for reply. 🙂

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Itsmynumber    What is the colour of the text?  it can confirm if it is a true SMS or iMessage/RCS

Chat-SMS.png

@Itsmynumber 

Another possibility is if you or your friend was using iMessage or android RCS message.  These messages require data to be turned on or Wifi connection.  

dr-et
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It happens to me  but usually its an i message  from an iphone 

when i reach my home or office wifi the meassage  is resend

and it will sound as if the message arrived then

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Itsmynumber wrote:

A week or 2 ago. A  text message sent to me at around 819am was received in the afternoon instead.  I know i didn't receive that msg untul the afternoon because i was texting another friend.

The time stamp say i received the text at 819am but in reality i recieved it in the afternoon.

Why is that?

Hello @Itsmynumber 

Have you restarted your phone recently? This is a good thing to do regularly for best functionality of your device.

Do a reset of your network settings. This can clear cache data/apps and a variety of other things that my 'go bump in the night'.

Also, ensure you have the latest software installed.

@Itsmynumber 

Sometimes SMS texts can just float around in space somewhere then suddenly find their way to their intended destination. I have had text messages float around for up to two weeks before recieving them....not with pm but with telus. They were birthday wishs from family so I knew exactly how old the messages were when they were sent/recieved.

@Itsmynumber wrote:

Why is that?

SMS has always been an impetfect technology.  While the trend has been for text messaging to be the preferred communication method fot many, phone calls may still be more reliable for any important interactions.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Itsmynumber could it be due to connectivity issues?   Perhaps try clearing cache and restarting the testing app.

Need Help? Let's chat.