cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in Receiving Text Messages

elhota1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been a member of Public Mobile for just over a year and have been receiving ongoing issues with receiving text messages.  I have contacted the Moderator several times and have just received the runaround from them in answering my concerns.  On occasion, I would receive text messages over a week after they are sent.  This has happened too many times  and sometimes on important messages.  And often when this happens, text messages sent are received over a week after they are sent and all at once.  For example, I received 6 text messages yesterday all at 3:34pm from 6 different text messages sent over a week ago.  I might add that 3 of the text messages received on May 2nd were ones sent by Public Mobile themselves at around April 21st.

9 REPLIES 9

@elhota1 network settings

• goto settings
  • tap backup and reset
  • scroll down and choose reset network settings
  • tap reset and restart

@elhota1 

As suggested above, maybe try your SIM card in a different phone to see whether it is a hardware/phone issue.  Vancouver and Richmond should have good coverage with Telus towers.  I have a feeling it is a phone issue.  

@elhota1 your cellphone has 8gb of storage space. After your essential apps how much space do you have? Thanks.  And do you find that you drop messages when you phone is almost full?  And get them when you have cleared space for them? 

Stay safe. 

elhota1

Yes, I have tried restarting.  It is a Polaroid A500.

@elhota1 have you tried restarting your phone? also try resetting your network settings. what type of phone is it

elhota1

I live in Vancouver/Richmond.  According to the coverage map, there is coverage.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@elhota1 Where are you located? You can check out the coverage map. You might have bad coverage in your area causing for delayed txt messages. The moderators cant do much. It seems to be either a phone or cell tower issue. Are there anyone else you know that use TELUS or someone else in your area that is experiencing the same issue?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@elhota1  What kind of phone are you using? Are you using a third party app for messaging or the native app that comes with the phone?

Do you have access to another phone to try your sim in? If yes, and you're able to receive texts immediately then the problem lies within your device.

If not, submit a ticket to PM let them know you are having the same problem even when using multiple phones and ask them to reset your account.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@elhota1 what type of phone do you have? when was the last time you restarted your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.