cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default voicemail number

J_L
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello. Currently, we have only 1 phone in Public Mobile. It's was on a LG G5 and set with conditional forwarding. Now it's on an iPhone 6 Plus, and I find it difficult reverting back those settings. For one thing, I don't know the voicemail number to set it back to, nor do I know how to view that. So I don't know what number to forward to, and I don't want to disable conditional forwarding. Please help.

12 REPLIES 12

LoveMyBolt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@PreachJohn1 

Pressing and holding the 1 key is pretty common for phones to get to ones voicemail box.

You can also use another phone and call your number and wait for it to drop to voicemail and then press * during your greeting and then your password.

Your password can be reset in the self-serve which resets it to your 10 digit number.

PreachJohn1

I am new to Public Mobile and so far have had horror with this Site, especially when I 1st started. A litany of issues. Finally got past that.

I went to check a VM today. They wanted a Voice Box #, not my Pass Code. Kept disconnecting me as I don't have a Voice Box #.

Your '1' idea got me in to the normal Menu Voice I expected. Never heard of this '1' trick before.

Still wouldn't recognize my password that worked before. That's what gets me.

But at least let me reset it. I set it to the same one. We will see if it's even recognized and if so maybe not again.

I can'rt believe this many problems dealing with PM.

Noob
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Long-pressing 1 seems to work for me, as with other mobile providers.

J_L

@popping: Thanks for clarifying! I now know for sure it ends with 580-4001 without even physically touching the phone.

This thread is pretty much solved, thanks guys! I will try to mark an answer after completing the task (hopefully soon).

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@J_L wrote:

@Anonymous: Thanks for providing more commands on the short codes, I thought there were only set and disable. I'll get back to you guys once I am able to try them.

@popping: I already checked the history on the phone app after calling voicemail before, there's nothing.

Sorry, I mean the usage history from online account - not the history from your phone..  It is an outgoing call when your call is forwarded to your voicemail.

J_L

@Anonymous: Thanks for providing more commands on the short codes, I thought there were only set and disable. I'll get back to you guys once I am able to try them.

@popping: I already checked the history on the phone app after calling voicemail before, there's nothing.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@J_L

To find out the voicemail number used by your phone, go over your usage history from your online accout - NOT from your phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_L wrote:

Calling voicemail does not display its actual number anywhere in the phone app or on iOS 11... I can't find it anymore, not even on that article.

I could just swap the SIM with an Android phone temporarily, but I'd prefer more convenience as it's not my phone. Thanks.

Try dialing *#62# call from your dialer. See what it might come back with.

Feature or Star codes

J_L

@Anonymous: Looks awfully familiar. I think it ends in 580-4001, will try that once I have access to that phone again. Thanks a lot!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_L, I think the number is your area code + 580-4001 (or 4002).  If your area is served by multiple area codes, it might be one of the other area codes.  Try dialing the numbers and see if you are prompted to enter a phone number and password.

J_L

Calling voicemail does not display its actual number anywhere in the phone app or on iOS 11... I can't find it anymore, not even on that article.

I could just swap the SIM with an Android phone temporarily, but I'd prefer more convenience as it's not my phone. Thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.