cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead zones and call quality issues?

kutzki
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I notice I get like.... these RANDOM dead zones sometimes, in places that I KNOW I should have service, and then if I pass them again, I'll have service in them, it's very strange. Also, my call quality seems to be quite low. People keep complaining that they can't hear me that well, and I need to speak up. I had to repeat myself 6 times today to my friend. Not an exaggeration. Lol what's happening PM? Take a look at my account n stuff? Also, if you need to know my phone model, I can't discuss it here, you must PM me. (Hehe)

15 REPLIES 15

lspring
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's possible it is not the cell service but iterfearance in the area at the time. Verhead wires affect reception and even other wireless frequencies in the areas. It is the cell phone itself haing receptioninterfered.

But you are right, it may be that the PM has issues with their towers during those times.

Quest

You misinterpreted a little bit my response. I didn't say that Telus/Koodo rooted phones has less issues than other carriers. What i said that rooted phones (in general) without latest upgrades have problems with switching between cell zones (not necessary towers). Whenever you upgrade your android it automaticaly becomes urooted and then you can root it again. We are not talking here to experts.

I agree with you absolutely that dead zone is the dead zone but sometimes we think that we are in a dead zone but that is not necessary true.

I only try to help here coming from the same bad experience. I upgraded my phone and some dead zones magically diapeared.

@Quest what?

A dead zone is no signal. It is irrelevant what rom you have loaded if your antenna can not detect a signal. 

The other really odd comment is that (somehow) a Telus/Koodo rooted phone has less issues than other carriers (Bell & Rogers) which makes no sense at all

Since Bell / Telus SHARE the same towers, anywhere a Bell phone shows a dead zone the Telus phone will ALWAYS have a deadzone, regardless of any software loaded

Quest
If you want to to talk about dead zones first you have to look at your phone and inside your phone. I mean by that hardware and software alike.

First of all you have to be sure that you have latest upgrade for particular model of your phone. Rooted phones without latest upgrades have problems with switching between cell zones. Koodo and Telus locked phones having less problems in this regard.

Now you can look at what area you are living in which means how strong is presence of Telus and Bell in the area.
It means how many towers they have combine.

I had the same problem. Upgraded my android phone and no more problems at least so far.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@srlawren

Omg Smiley Frustrated thanks!! we are looking into it!

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Shazia_K another instance of the reply-going-to-the-wrong-thread problem

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Edweenie79

Thank you for sending the info, the port had failed due to entering the wrong account number. 

The port has been requested, please allow at least 30 minutes to 2 hours for the port to complete. You will receive a text message saying that the port has completed and then simply reboot your phone 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

if there is a nearby thunderstorm (near the towers or you) that can cause disruptions too ... past weekend there were lots in the GTA. 

neo911

at your service @kutzki

lol 🐵

Cheers !

kutzki
THIS IS FREAKING BRILLIANT! I'll definitely be using this app, A LOT. 😄 Might as well help them out. Thanks so much for this suggestion @neo911

neo911

@kutzki

sounds like a handset glitch/hardware glitch.

having said that, if you can share the locations where you face these 'dead zones', maybe some other members can confirm about their experiences at these locations.

also, have you tried checking the coverage on opensignal.com. you could check if there are any bellus towers in that particular location and then report it to the moderators/admin if u still face the problem.

DISQUISITION
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

More than likely it's an issue with your phone @kutzki, and sometime dead spots occur with all carriers. It's YOU that will have to send a personal message to a PM associate-just check who's online to send message with your particular details.  

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@kutzki the fact it is a "random" dead zone puzzles me

I know 2 areas where Bell/Telus have bad network so I know it always drops there

But how you describe it I suspect it is a phone glitch more than network if the area is inconsistant

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Doesn't sound like a network issue, I obviously could be wrong.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Ya know that it can happen to ANY carrier, NOT JUST PM, But to any carrier. Conditions apply

Need Help? Let's chat.