cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data used up, but actually didn't? Unfair restrictions need to be lifted NOW

D4nt3ch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a 90 day plan where i get 12gb for the three months (4gb a month) and well, this month was heavy with data and got a txt message from public mobile stating my data is almost used up. I found this a little odd, since I couldn't figure out how i used up 12gb in about a week.

It turns out, that even though I have PAID for 12gb usage over three months, there's a restriction of 4gb per month, so I'm assuming I can access the next segment of 4gb data per month.

Public Mobile, I PAID already for the service and it is impossible to go over what I PAID for. I need access to the data I PAID for. the 12gb that I PAID for should be accessible throughout the 90 day term regardless of usage. 

As a loyal customer who has brought more people over to Public Mobile, I demand that you lift this stupid 4gb cap per month and allow me to access the FULL 12gb of data over the 90 days that I already PAID for.

The reason for the need of my data is for emergency reasons.

@CS_Agent

11 REPLIES 11

@D4nt3ch wrote:

Hello all,

Sorry, you're all right about the 120 day plan. My mistake. I'm on a 90 day plan.

It does show 12GB under my plan however when I go to data & add-on usage, it shows nothing...yet when I checked this yesterday, it did have a history of my data usage so something definitely is wrong.

If you aren't seeing a data amount under add-ons in your self serve then you have used up all your data it is just the way this system works.  Wish it would just show it all used not disappear

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@LaijinSunn, stop spoiUting misinformation. The PM data counter is the same for everyone.  If it counts 12 GB of usage with the 90 day cycle, it stops providing data until renewal, or more data is purchased.

The usage history, due the way the system works, immediately is removed from the self-serve interface when all data has been used up.  It you do not see data history, you have used all data.

Built in usage meters on cell phones work on month to month renewals.  public Mobile is not month to month, It is 30 or 90 day cycles.  You can not rely on the built in apps to monitor your usage.

There are data meters available in the various app stores that do provide n option for specific day count cycles... they are great for this service, and if setup correctly, match within MBs the readings of the Public Mobile data count.

LaijinSunn

It's sounds like you're on the same plan as I am on. You said that you're a loyal customer right? Well that's one reason that makes me think that you've been with Public Mobile for at least a couple of years just as I have. The other reason is because the 12GB of data for the the 90 day plan (with unlimited Talk and Text) has not been available for a while now. However, as long as we pay or bill on time everytime we keep that plan that is now unavailable ( it's referred to as a grandfathered plan). So if the only thing you received was that text telling you that you were almost about to go over your data and your account details on your data usage isn't adding up but you can still use your data then you've got nothing to worry about. The exact same thing has happened to me on a few different occasions now. The 12GB of data is still usable over the op period and you haven't gone over. I'm not sure if it has something to do with how our 12GB of data is spread out over 90 days (3 months) but all phones only allow data usage to be separated by month to month. But It gets confused somehow. Honestly I went through the exact same panic and frustration as you. But at least now I can tell you that there's something wrong with Public Mobiles data alert via text system and you'll be fine. There's actually a few apps that gives you the ability to set your data for any interval of time in between start and end dates. You can download multiple different ones off ofthe Google play (Android) or the App Store (iOS)! So there ya go. Now you don't have to worry  If you've already Private Messaged the person who has the ability and/or the know how to help fix this issue for you so It won't happen again then would you please be so kind as to write out the solution in a response to this message on here so I can get it to stop it happening to me every once in a while  Thanks 

PS. I have come on here a few times for help and I can definitely tell you that I learned super quickly you will most definitely attract more bees with honey than vinegar

D4nt3ch

Hello all,

Sorry, you're all right about the 120 day plan. My mistake. I'm on a 90 day plan.

It does show 12GB under my plan however when I go to data & add-on usage, it shows nothing...yet when I checked this yesterday, it did have a history of my data usage so something definitely is wrong.

@stonechucker wrote:

@D4nt3ch, are you on a 30 or 90 day plan?  You state in your original post, multiple times, 120 days.

120 days is impossible here, they do not exist.  Until a few months ago, 10 day plans existed, and there still may be a few of those around.

EDIT:  Corrected a typo.

Great pickup on the 120 day comment.  No update on this either so I am thinking it wasn't a PM issue

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@D4nt3ch, are you on a 30 or 90 day plan?  You state in your original post, multiple times, 120 days.

120 days is impossible here, they do not exist.  Until a few months ago, 10 day plans existed, and there still may be a few of those around.

EDIT:  Corrected a typo.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I know you've messaged a mod so hopefully you get things sorted out but just out of curiosity what does your usage actually say (in Self-Serve)? Is it closer to 4GB or 12GB?

Off the top of my head would be that there's been a glitch and PM now thinks you're on a 4GB/30 day plan. Mods would be able to fix that though if that's the case. 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@D4nt3ch, your story sounds extremely fishy.  As mentioned, there are no rationing type limits placed on data usage.  Within a plan cycle, the entire amount is available for you to use at your discretion.  You can use it all up in the first hour of a 90 day cyle or none of it and nobody cares.  I have a 90 day plan and probably more referrals than you, so I am not making things up.  Could your suggestion of a throttle being placed at 4GBs possibly be due to a data limit you set on your phone?  Android data metering is on a monthly basis.  Please be aware that just because you cannot explain something, that doesn't mean that it didn't happen.  The Public Mobile usage meter is legal tender so to speak. 

D4nt3ch

Yes, I did check my usage and yes, I will demand the lift because I PREPAID for the data.

I already messaged a mod.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@D4nt3ch wrote:

I have a 120 day plan where i get 12gb for the three months (4gb a month) and well, this month was heavy with data and got a txt message from public mobile stating my data is almost used up. I found this a little odd, since I couldn't figure out how i used up 12gb in about a week.

It turns out, that even though I have PAID for 12gb usage over three months, there's a restriction of 4gb per month, so I'm assuming I can access the next segment of 4gb data per month.

Public Mobile, I PAID already for the service and it is impossible to go over what I PAID for. I need access to the data I PAID for. the 12gb that I PAID for should be accessible throughout the 120 day term regardless of usage. 

As a loyal customer who has brought more people over to Public Mobile, I demand that you lift this stupid 4gb cap per month and allow me to access the FULL 12gb of data over the 120 days that I already PAID for.

The reason for the need of my data is for emergency reasons.

@CS_Agent

I understand being frustrated but I have never experienced a monthly data limit with my 12gb over 90 days.  Have you checked your usage in self serve.  As well coming in starting you brought so many people over and DEMANDING things will not make you special. Follow the guidelines in getting service by messaging the moderators. A link is in my signature and you will get helped in the order your issue is received

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@D4nt3ch Sorry you are having trouble, I am pretty new around here but I have never heard of such restrictions. I would also be pretty upset if my 90day data bucket was secretely unavailable like you say yours is. Only a moderator will be able to access your specific account information. You will have to send them a private message directly as none of us on the forum can help you make demands. Click this link to message them

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but send a message to the moderator team and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number and they will get back to you between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT)

Need Help? Let's chat.