cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data useage

sophie53
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I needed more data this month so I purchased 1G for $15, which I thought would be more than enough.  I was on a road trip, and used the internet to book a couple of campsites, then I watched about 1 hour of YouTube, and apparently used up all the data.  This was in one day.  Is this possible?  I was on roaming data, should I have been on that? 

10 REPLIES 10

@Williamwoof the reason you're getting that text is because it's combining both your plan data and add-on data. login to your self serve and check how much is used on your 2gb addons

@Williamwoof,  you sound frustrated, and that's OK.   Folks on here are just fellow customers trying to understand and be helpful.  They're not employees.  Not that @kb_mv needs my support, but I believe taking a moment to step back, read his post, and perhaps seek the help of a Moderator (who are employees), may help you get to a better understanding. 

@Williamwoof wrote:

for intense 
was a mistake, don’t know how that ended up there. I take it your an employee????? As I said $75 ( I double checked) is ridiculous for internet for a few hours. I wasn’t even on it after 12 and I just topped it up by 2 GB before that and I woke up and I’m getting “ your at 75%) WHAT A JOKE!!! My plan ends In just over a week and I’ll be switching after 1 month of this crappy company. 

@Williamwoof We are all just customers here that help others where we can and direct people to PM staff (online) when we can't. 

I am still not clear on what you mean by you paid $75 on top of your plan for internet? You bought 5 add ons of 1GB each? What does your usage look like in your self serve? You can try and narrow down when this happened. What does your phone say for app usage? As I said earlier, you can contact a moderator for help.

Williamwoof
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

for intense 
was a mistake, don’t know how that ended up there. I take it your an employee????? As I said $75 ( I double checked) is ridiculous for internet for a few hours. I wasn’t even on it after 12 and I just topped it up by 2 GB before that and I woke up and I’m getting “ your at 75%) WHAT A JOKE!!! My plan ends In just over a week and I’ll be switching after 1 month of this crappy company. 

@Williamwoof wrote:

Your not kidding, I’m moving and I have no internet at the moment. Yesterday I watched messages that I was close to my limit. I SPENT $75 or $90 for intense on top of my plan. THIS IS SUCH A SCAM!!!!!  I added another 2 GB before going to bed and already this morning I got a message stating I was at 75%  ARE U JOKING!!!! Tried to speak to someone but apparently I can’t due to Public Mobile not hiring staff to keep costs down for us????

Edited for tone....

@Williamwoof The lack of a customer service number should not be a surprise. They don't hide that fact. If you did not know it that is on you. Next, not sure what you mean by you spent $75 or $90 for intense on top of your plan. Can you clarify this? Are mistakes made? Sure. Does PM set out to scam you? Seriously? No. Am I joking? Nope. Try laying out what happened and we can try and sort this out or at least direct you to a moderator. We are just customers here. If you want to go straight to a moderator you can contact them one of 2 ways. Click the question mark bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

kevenv_2-1599233493879.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

Williamwoof
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Your not kidding, I’m moving and I have no internet at the moment. Yesterday I watched messages that I was close to my limit. I SPENT $75 or $90 for intense on top of my plan. THIS IS SUCH A SCAM!!!!!  I added another 2 GB before going to bed and already this morning I got a message stating I was at 75%  ARE U JOKING!!!! Tried to speak to someone but apparently I can’t due to Public Mobile not hiring staff to keep costs down for us????

sophie53
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your reply.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@sophie53 when streaming any video look for the settings menu and change the quality level to 360p or 480p. you don't need the best quality on a small screen, plus you save on data.

depending on you current plan I would suggest changing to either the $50/8.5gb or $40/5gb you can change to these plans immediately. just make sure to manually top up the plan amount before selecting and applying the plan

have the "available funds" in your account

amount due-01~2.jpeg

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @sophie53 ,

It is possible.

If you used google maps that can suck up data too.

Some applications use data in the back ground. So you can look up these settings in your apps and select wifi only with some. See what apps used up the most data.

Check your usage history in your self serve account, and see if that can give you any clue of what used up the majority.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@sophie53 wrote:

I needed more data this month so I purchased 1G for $15, which I thought would be more than enough.  I was on a road trip, and used the internet to book a couple of campsites, then I watched about 1 hour of YouTube, and apparently used up all the data.  This was in one day.  Is this possible?  I was on roaming data, should I have been on that? 

@sophie53 hi yes it is very possible when you are watching videos  having roaming on wouldn't use it up 

Need Help? Let's chat.