cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage warning text

Cdnfenix
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is the second time I have received a text saying I have used 95% of my data.  The first time I got the text about a month ago it said 75%. I checked my usage on the portal and both times it has been less than 50%. Is anyone else having these messages with the usage being so far off.  

8 REPLIES 8

@Kerrioke75 wrote:

I was getting this sms sent out. Today it said I had reached 100% of my 20G limit. I checked the portal which said I had only used 8G and had 2G added on. My data stopped working. I did a network reset as per Simon, and suddenly my portal says I have used 22G of data. A rather large jump from the 8G it said a few hours ago. The portal isn't trustworthy either. 

What should be up-to-date would be if you call 611 to check how much data you have left. Unfotunately, 611 will give a total of plan and add-on data with no distrinction between the two.

@Kerrioke75 what you got from My Account could be just cached old page and not updated usage. 

please login My Account again using Incognito mode and check the usage again

Kerrioke75

I was getting this sms sent out. Today it said I had reached 100% of my 20G limit. I checked the portal which said I had only used 8G and had 2G added on. My data stopped working. I did a network reset as per Simon, and suddenly my portal says I have used 22G of data. A rather large jump from the 8G it said a few hours ago. The portal isn't trustworthy either. 

@YoungMC Sounds like a new quirk to add the list. If it does not impact your service join the grin and bear it team.

Take 3 before using SIMon.Take 3 before using SIMon.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@YoungMC  its an inadvertent message. A bit unusual thought 2 months  twice in a row. If it turns into 3 for the money, then complain about it.

YoungMC

I routinely (monthly) get a 75% Data Usage warning when nowhere near the monthly limit.  For example, I am 6 days into a new billing cycle and received this same 75% usage message again today.  When I check the ACTUAL USAGE on the portal, I have used data 2X in these last 6 days with a total of 1.391 MB of data used.  Same last month, under 10MB used for the entire month, same message.  Sure with this annoying issue could be resolved.  After all, its simply a computer-generated script so it should not be a random occurrence. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Cdnfenix Did you check your usage here? I find this section to be almost instantaneously in regards to recording your usage. However, from time to time erroneous messages are sent out.

Screenshot_20200321-214124.jpg

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Cdnfenix Never had this before. Your correct data is always on portal. Use its info, and you can ignore text message.

Need Help? Let's chat.