cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage tracking app

danette77
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, does Public Mobile have a data usage tracking app or can someone recommend a good data usage tracking app? I am on a 90 day plan but the built in app on my phone only allows 30 day tracking. It would be nice to be able to track my data usage without having to log in to my Public Mobile account. 

47 REPLIES 47

Depends on whether the iPhone is running Android </tongueincheek>

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Is your app also for iPhones?

IWIK
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It's a work in progress!

Keep sending the feedback!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @danette77,

You're quite welcome!

Cheers.

danette77

@Martin I just updated to the new version, thank you for the info 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

A new version of Data Witness was released. I installed it and was happy to find that a previous glitch was eliminated.

To be specific, the glitch was that only whole days were counted. That's no more.

Enjoy!

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @IWIK

This is really awesome!! Thank you for sharing with us!!

Cheers,

Jeremy

danette77

@IWIK wrote:
An alternative to the persistent notification is the home screen widgets, if you prefer that.

Just in case you hadn't noticed.

@IWIK I did see it yes, thank you. 

IWIK
An alternative to the persistent notification is the home screen widgets, if you prefer that.

Just in case you hadn't noticed.

Woohoo! PM love ❤️

danette77

@IWIK wrote:

Hey @danette77

Yes if you are on Android I'd be happy to provide a redemption code for Data Witness

No ads and free for Public Mobile users.

My tiny contribution to the community.

Just email me or private message me.

@IWIK Thanks. I installed Data Witness, it is exactly what I was looking for. It's very simple to set up and the persistent notification feature is great because I don't even need to open the app to see my usage stats. Kudos! I'll give you a 5 star rating on Google Play. 

...or you can just ask IWIK, now that he's a part of this conversation too 🙂

Thanks for responding, @IWIK!

@danette77 FYI, IWIK's app is discussed in detail in the link I put in my last post above. Please do go through that thread before you decide how to proceed.

IWIK

Hey @danette77

Yes if you are on Android I'd be happy to provide a redemption code for Data Witness

No ads and free for Public Mobile users.

My tiny contribution to the community.

Just email me or private message me.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi @danette77,

You're in luck! One of our members, @IWIK, created such an app. It's called Data Witness, and it's available in the Google play store. I use it, and it works flawlessly.

Please private message @IWIK for the code in order to download and install it. If you prefer email, his address is iwik_help@outlook.com.

Cheers.

TroyDaBes

My Data Manager is a good app. It tracks a monthly plan or your own choice of date. That's what I'm currently using. It is pretty much identical to PM's data usage but with 20-50mb of difference. 

Mayor / Maire

@danette77 Check out the following thread: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Data-monitor-for-pre-paid-plans/td-p/43720

Also, please note that the usage you track on your phone will never be the same as the usage that PM records. I would still recommend logging in to your PM account once in a while to check your data usage there.

Need Help? Let's chat.