cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage notifications

Louvry
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi new to Public mobile.  Is there a way to set up notifications on data usage ie. PM sends notifications you used 6 gb of data so far etc. This may help myself not use to much data early on in the 90 days.  

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I found the post I was looking for hope this helps a bit more

Martin wrote:
Hello,

At 75% and 95%, you will receive text messages that you are nearing the end of your data allotment, even if you do not subscribe to Text.

When you have used 100% of your data, data availability will stop, at which point you can purchase a data add-on which is not time-limited, and will expire only when it has been fully used.

If you wish to view data usage in real time, click Plans and Add-ons in your self-serve account, and then click Add-on Usage, as mentioned by Luddite using hyperlinks.

I hope that this has answered your questions.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

jeremyesq
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

One of the members here created an app that is available in the Google Store -- Data Witness.  

For me, I just set my phone to warn me each month when I get to 3.5GB and cut me off altogether at 4GB.

edit -- here is the link to Data Witness, created by IWIK.  You can set it for your 90-day plan length

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwik.datawitness&hl=en

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I have read that a notification is sent at 75% and 95% will try and find it again for you

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.